Dear all:

Hi, my name is Rich - just joined the forums here due to a question I had regarding the UniROM installation on an Eeprom device.

The device I am using for this is a GameShark cartridge, V. 1.92. Hooked up to my PS1 parallel port.

The issue I am having is, after doing the disc swap trick and putting in the UniROM CD-R (X-Flash), it doesn't recognize my GameShark cartridge. It reads it as: Unknown - 08 01. If I attempt to flash a ROM on it, it will say Eeprom undetected.

Just wondering if I was unlucky, and picked up a version of GameShark that is unable to be flashed? Or if anyone may have any ideas of some steps I may be doing wrong, or any alternatives.

Ultimately, I want to be able to play my backed-up versions of my game without doing a disc-swap trick. I'd prefer the "soft-mod" method over a PS1 with a modded chip.

For clarification, the steps I have taken are as followed:

- Downloaded UniROM, opened up the PSX folder and burned the .cue file to a CD-R (JVC Taiyo Yuden). I tried the newest version of UniROM 0.6, as well as 0.44.
- Taped down the lid button to perform the disc swap trick. Successfully can get X-Flash screen to boot up.
- Hit R2 to detect the Eeprom - then thats when the text changes from Unknown FF FF - to Unknown 08 01.
- Also tried it where I start the PS1 with the GameShark, go in the GameShark and click start game - then perform the disc swap from here, same thing happens except now it automatically detects the Eeprom as Unknown 08 01 without me having to hit R2
- The switch on the GameShark is flicked "up" - I believe this is just the power on/off (?) I tried both ways though

Any help - greatly appreciated - thanks in advance !