Howdy folks, I been here and there on Emuparadise from here and there playing roms and other good suff. To make this post short and sweet, I have a couple questions and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. While I have played classic games on here and there, I have always wanted a console that could play classic games on my tv with the controllers. I have a kid who is growing up and I want him to see some of the NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, Gameboy/Color/Advance and so on games I grew up with instead of him jumping straight into the PS4 and other new tech I didn't have growing up. I seen people selling some consoles that already more or less have what I want, but I have always to build my own little emulator. Those consoles such as Retroback or RetroEngine Sigma are great and all, but aren't the "whole" package of what I would want. I'm not asking to run every single console or game known to man, the consoles I mentioned above are some of the ones I would want. If I wanted to build my own little console for that, what would I need? I have searched here and there, but never found a good answer to my question.

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section, I just wasn't where I could ask this. I for one have never built my own my computer, so not savvy when it comes to these things, so hopefully someone points me in the right direction. Thanks again folks, and apologies again if this was posted in the wrong section.