Hi there,

A complete neophyte modder here looking to pick your brains!

Having recently acquired a 2TB modded Xbox, I'd like a particular rumour confirmed. I've heard through the grapevine that the Xbox's firmware cannot handle a HDD over 500GB. I've also heard of a supposed workaround: partition one's HDD into smaller, more manageable fragments. Unfortunately, my Xbox is showing a G:/ drive with 1,776,000 megs of free space (close to 2TB). Am I right to be concerned or can I just leave the drive as is?

Assuming that the former is true, I have downloaded XBPartitioner 1.3 in preparation of splitting the HDD up. The problem I have now, however, is that XBPartitioner doesn't appear all that friendly to novices like myself; I am completely perplexed by its interface. Would anyone be able to supply me some foolproof instructions as to how I would go about dividing my G:/ drive into safer-sized partitions?

Finally, I've also been alerted that problems occur if said partitions are not formatted in '32K clusters'. Putting aside the fact that I have no real idea what that means, XBpartitioner seems to have other ideas here. That is to say, the application seems to pick the cluster size to be used (e.g. 16k, 32k, 128k) automatically, based on the spatial dimensions of the drive being formatted. Have I confused myself again or is it indeed possible to do so?

Thanks in advance!