Thread: Virtual console listing for GBA Emulator?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Virtual console listing for GBA Emulator?

Was looking at some Mega Man Battle Network games and I noticed some of them have the tag as (Virtual Console) instead of the country and uploader, like I have also seen listings like Mega Man Battle Network 2(U)(Mode7) are the virtual console listings rips from the WiiU Virtual Console or something?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Might be Wii U rips or maybe just ripped from Wii.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Might be Wii U rips or maybe just ripped from Wii.
    Alright, was just wondering. Don't know which dl to choose though, would (virtual console) be better than say, one from (Mode7)? Cuz I've seen some games from Mode7 and whoever ripped them added their own screen before the main game telling you who ripped them and it's distracting when all I wanna do is load into the actual game

Thanks
    EP Points

Dunno if any of the VC rips have any intro added If you don't want cracktros look at no-intro romsets.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Dunno if any of the VC rips have any intro added If you don't want cracktros look at no-intro romsets.
    From what I've seen, they don't which is good. Kind of surprised people have already ripped GBA Virtual Console games as some have only been on Wii-U for a short time

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by voorhees_13 View Post
    From what I've seen, they don't which is good. Kind of surprised people have already ripped GBA Virtual Console games as some have only been on Wii-U for a short time
    It doesn't take that community very long to tear into games. Besides, the VC games are just packed into an official Nintendo emulator so extraction is pretty straight forward. That being said, other ROMs can be injected into the emulators and played on Wii/U. Not everything has perfect compatibility though, so that is why Nintendo hasn't simply released 'every' old game on the VC.

Thanks
    EP Points

I had to actually do some reading and I never realised that Wii didn't have any GBA VC So yeah those would all be Wii U rips.
    People have been ripping Wii U stuff for a bit now as the console can be modded. Same with 3DS...actually I wonder if any of those VC rips are from 3DS?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Only weird thing about these VC rips is where it'll usually have a number where it says "Nintendo Gameboy Advanced Release #(and then the number) under the link it just has #XXXX

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I had to actually do some reading and I never realised that Wii didn't have any GBA VC So yeah those would all be Wii U rips.
    People have been ripping Wii U stuff for a bit now as the console can be modded. Same with 3DS...actually I wonder if any of those VC rips are from 3DS?
    Maybe. All GBA VC games for the 3DS are exclusive to the "Ambassador Program" which was only offered to people who bought the original release of the 3DS when it was (like) $350. There aren't many though and I think those titles would not be on the WiiU because it was meant to be very exclusive.

EDIT:
    Here is a list of games that Nintendo has no plans of releasing to the general publuc, outside of the Ambassador club:

Metroid Fusion
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong
    Mario Kart: Super Circuit
    Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
    WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
    Wario Land 4
    F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
    Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
    Last edited by Jazzmarazz; 6th-February-2017 at 22:16.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by voorhees_13 View Post
    Only weird thing about these VC rips is where it'll usually have a number where it says "Nintendo Gameboy Advanced Release #(and then the number) under the link it just has #XXXX
    If you are talking about No-intro sets, they normally exclude none physical dumps (dumps that are not from an official cart for the system in question) from there number scheme and tag them XXXX as they came from an alt source to a cartridge or for some systems it is not so much that it came from a cart or not but more that it came from another system as VC GBA games are sourced from the 3DS not the GBA and are not considered a retail GBA release as it was released on another system

Same would go for things like the N64 Zelda games that came out for GameCube that are dumped in N64 format but because they are not from the N64 system but the Gamecube they would also get the XXXX tag

As it happens for 3DS owners you can inject your own GBA games into those releases, even change the icons used ect

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    If you are talking about No-intro sets, they normally exclude none physical dumps (dumps that are not from an official cart for the system in question) from there number scheme and tag them XXXX as they came from an alt source to a cartridge or for some systems it is not so much that it came from a cart or not but more that it came from another system as VC GBA games are sourced from the 3DS not the GBA and are not considered a retail GBA release as it was released on another system

Same would go for things like the N64 Zelda games that came out for GameCube that are dumped in N64 format but because they are not from the N64 system but the Gamecube they would also get the XXXX tag

As it happens for 3DS owners you can inject your own GBA games into those releases, even change the icons used ect
    Was talking about how it shows up with no # with virtual console rips, never seen that with no intro sets

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Depends on the set you have

Just sounded like what no-intro do, not a retail cart dump so not numbered

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR