Thread: PS2 slim soft modded. how do I play game ISO from USB

Thanks

Default PS2 slim soft modded. how do I play game ISO from USB

Hi guys. Sorry for the noob question here, im very new to this and having trouble finding information. I recently bought a PS2 slim scph 70002 and a PS2 memory card with free mcboot already loaded on it off ebay. This is the card i bought

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_3011wt_1396

Card works great so I download a few game ISO's from emuparadise (DBZ BT3, SSX 3, Simpsons Hit and Run) and i was hoping to put them onto an 8gb USB flash drive i own and plug it into the PS2 for play. This is where im getting lost. ive tried USButil to change the format but im not having any luck getting the games to launch. Im also a little confused what program to run the games in once there on the USB and in the machine, do i use uLaunchELF? Just need help getting game ISO into right format then onto my USB so i can play on my soft modded PS2. Am i doing it right? or can i just launch the ISO somehow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million guys. Really looking forward to some nostalgia from these games.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Note: You won't be able to run as many games on a slim via USB compared to a fat. The slow speed of the USB port is a limitation.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Yer ive read the USB flash drive option isnt the best because of a few things. But im just making do with what I have at the moment. Im not to fussed. i just got this PS2 cheap and was hoping to play some old games so i thought id give it a go

Mostly just want DBZ BT3 at the moment haha. its still expensive to buy the actual game so i thought id try this way to get it going since i got the PS2 cheap. if I can get this going and theres more games i want tho i think i might try with a PS2 Fat in the future. hopefully i can get this going for now tho

would it be easier if i just buy some DVD-R discs and burn the game ISO to a disc? Could i just put the ISO onto a DVD-R disc without having to change the format, will it work on the PS2 then? with ESR or open PS2 Loader? Or do i still need the original game to play it if i do it that way? Thanks again guys, for any help
    Last edited by deadlegion; 6th-January-2017 at 06:10. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Probably easier to burn to disc as you already have FMCB on your memory card. That would be conditional on the title(s) you want being compatible though...
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....d-and-counting

Please do not double post, use Edit Post.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Thanks so much deadlegion. that list is great. sorry about the double posting, new to this forum.

just wondering if i burn the ISO to disc do i have to patch it first with ESR disc patcher. so it will read in ESR. sorry if thats a stupid question, im just working all this stuff out. USB isnt working for me, i suspect its because i cant get format right to read on PS2. im about to buy some DVD-5 discs i think and give it a go that way

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ESR patching is required for soft modded consoles

Note ESR only works with DVD media, CD's will not work with it

USB on the PS2 is not worth using it is only USB 1.01 that is far too slow for streaming Video Game Data, even when it does work load times are super slow

DVD+R is higher quality media to use

DVD-R can still be used just make sure it is super high quality you are buying and not junk media (Brand has nothing to do with quality)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

thanks so much for the help and information everyone. I got some discs and finally got DBZ and Simpsons working haha.