Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help getting two GBA games to work on PSP, I'm in a very uncomfortable situation here

Thanks
    EP Points

Default I need help getting two GBA games to work on PSP, I'm in a very uncomfortable situation here

It's a difficult situation to explain, but me and a friend suggested to this guy that he buy a PSP because he wanted an all in one system for some old games.
    Little did we know that the games he wanted to play wouldn't work on the damn thing.
    I've been using my PSP as my main GBA Platform since 2008 and never had any problems with any of the games I play, so I assumed shit would work...it doesn't

Long story short I'm in an extremely uncomfortable situation here especially since the guy paid a tad more for the thing than he should have from a store that tricked him and even hacked the system poorly so I had to re-hack it myself and I have no way of getting the games he wanted to work, literally NONE of the games he wants work.

GBA:
    - Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition
    - Big Mutha Truckers

For neo geo 2 out of the 3 games he wanted of course won't work, even tho everything else does
    some Sidekick Soccer 3 Next Glory, feeezes and doesn't work past the team selection or whatever, it does the same on my system and the 2nd game in this stupid series doesn't work either the graphics are apparently all wrong.

This guy isn't the type to compromise or accept new games, he has major anger issues and what not so he can only play certain games he knows and that's it, the guy has problems and I shouldn't have involved myself in this but I did and it's too late to back out now.

Needless to say I'm at my wits end with all this as you can easily tell since the guy calls 10 times a day and there's jack shit I can do about his bullshit shitty games.

I downloaded the roms from this site so i dunno
    I don't know any other sites for this stuff, searching google is pointless, the shit led me to a site where if you download a rom it downloads a virus infested exe ffs.

sorry guys
    i can't take this anymore, this is why i never do favors for people
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-July-2016 at 16:23. Reason: language edit for child friendly language :)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

could you please list everything in a basic easy to read way
    both for easy reference and with a little more info

I can do a bit of testing on my end if you wanted (If I can find my PSP that is )

e.g. of info wanted (mostly so I can get my facts correct and try and keep my setup as close to yours as I can)

psp model used (my model is a 2k 2002 to be exact, aka first slim version in white, newer versions have a little more ram)
    custom firmware used (I use 6.60 Pro C with fix 3 applied [Pro C-2 breaks the PSone Classics support and possibly more])
    emulator used and version
    games not working [including region E or EU = Europe, U or US = USA J or JP = Japan, other codes used tend to be language codes rather than regional] (not working in what way info)
    other emulator and version
    other games not working [including region] (not working in what way info)

ect.. ect..

e.g.

PSP 2K
    CFW 6.60 Pro C with fix 3 applied
    GBA emulation using uo gba sp kai
    DooM (E) (froze with black screen after ID logo) [that one was totally made up and would just play a port of the PC version anyway]

P.S. I can't promise anything but I do know of other emulators for the PSP that you may not of thought about using or the emulators in question may just need a tweak for the games with issues
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-July-2016 at 16:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't have his PSP anymore, but luckely I saved a pic for just such an emergency when i was hacking it
    http://i.imgur.com/zOESMPP.png
    It's a 2003 PSP with 6.60 C2 cfw
    my system on the other hand I don't know what it is as I've had it since 2008, it's a 2000 model of course, and I have 6.60 B-10 myself, either way the same happens on both

for GBA I use gpSP Kai 3.4 on my PSP and I just copied mine to his

the games simply don't work, he is probably going to lose interest and stop pestering me soon enough lol
    BUT If you guys can find ROMs that do work of these two games please share them with me if possible

EDIT: Also I didn't apply the 3 fix because I didn't know how to and didn't want to risk it, the only PS1 game he wants to play Mortal Kombat 4 works flawlessly, so I'd rather not mess with firmware stuff anymore, everything other than that stupid Soccer game on neo geo and the two GBA games works flawlessly

I got the second sidekick soccer to work for him tho, he disabled some feature i enabled, so that worked out.
    but the rest seem legit dead
    Last edited by ShinigamiKiba; 29th-July-2016 at 20:38.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If you want PRO CFW then you really should use 6.60 Pro C fix3. As Zorlon said C2 has broken PSOne Classics support.
    Another good CFW is 6.60 LME 2.3 I have this on a secondary dual SD adaptor mainly because Elder Scrolls Travels Oblivion beta dumps work on it (after enabling extra ram).

Another thing maybe not relevant to any issues you have, but worth mentioning is that (for custom PSX eboots) you should grab the CDDA enabler plugin, it will fix sound issues that can happen for some PSX games.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

As I said, the only PS1 game he wanted works great, but if worse comes to worse I will update to fix3, tho I'm not sure how to at this point or if there's any risk to it.
    This guy doesn't want any new games or anything, he is a stuck in his ways kind of person and not open to any new experiences, so it's all good there.
    He is just a very very weird person, with severe anger issues, he isn't a friend or anything just someone I got to know because he used to sell me retro games in the past, knows nothing about games or english or anything.

If these 2 GBA games can't work, that's all there is to it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Both games boot just fine for me

Do you have the gba_bios.bin file in the same folder as the eboot file?

You sometimes need the real bios to get some games working

EDIT Big Mother Truckers is still not playable though as far as I can tell I get a bad jump message before the emu boots you out the other games just works fine though I only played the first fight, I have no personal interest in playing either game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-July-2016 at 08:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah that's the same error I get for Big Mutha truckers too
    So Tournament edition works for you? Maybe I should download a new bios, I've had this one since god knows when.
    What's the best bios to download?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the world one it should have a crc of 81977335

wish you gave more detail like I asked then, instead you simply said the games simply don't work (to me that says it did not even boot), not that it boots but then gives an error after prompting for save states as soon as you hit start in the US version of when you try and select a language in the EU version and no mention of error message at all or even that the emu boots you out of it's self.

best to give as much detail as possible when asking for help
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-July-2016 at 09:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry man, I was so annoyed by that guy
    Now I'm not sure if I should get MK Tournament Edition to work for him since he is going to assume that other game will work too and I just can't make it work lol

Would you mind telling me where to download a GBA Bios from? This site is useless, the bios I got from here isn't a bios and renaming it to gba_bios.bin of course doesn't work
    I'm sorry, I'm not a computer person I just want to get this up and running and never deal with this stuff again. I'm an artist so this kinda stuff isn't really my thing.

of course googling GBA Bios leads me to a virus infested site that downloads a gba bios.exe

how is a regular person supposed to find anything on the internet that isn't some sort of a trick/malware?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 30th-July-2016 at 09:53. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

direct and to the point gets results!
    here ya go: ^^ zip archive, binary contained within.
    should be the ticket.
    have fun.
    [edit]
    added direct link.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 30th-July-2016 at 09:54. Reason: removed external site links

Thanks
    EP Points

Default removed external site link

Thanks
    that gives me an .exe when I click download, that's the same google link i found

but the other one is great
    so thanks

unfortunately Mortal Kombat Torunament Edition still gives me a white screen on boot up and nothing else regardless of whether I use the bios or cart mode to boot the game with
    with bios it gives the white screen after the gba logo, without it immediately boots to white screen
    Last edited by deadlegion; 30th-July-2016 at 09:56. Reason: removed external site link

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Don't link to other rom sites like that please guys.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Don't link to other rom sites like that please guys.
    Some members seem to have a disregard for our rules

Anyway attached is the emu I used including it's bios

There is a chance it is the rom though, the crc of my copy is 968BE7BC

If it still does not work even if your rom matches and you are using the attached then it could just be that you are on a different firmware
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-July-2016 at 16:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

thanks a ton and im so sorry about all this
    If it's not a problem, could you please PM me your ROM?
    I don't understand this CRC thing man, sorry, dunno what that is much less how to find a ROM with the correct CRC
    I just downloaded the rom from this site from the GBA section, why would they put a bad ROM/wrong CRC rom there

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

crc or crc32 is a checksum that you can check with quicksfv or with 7zip if you have the archive (.zip .rar not .gba) of the file still and simply open that with 7zip scroll to the right until you see CRC under that there should be a HEX value

It is possible that our main server has some older dumps, that later got redumped using a more accurate method for certain chips.

CRC D4EF03EE is from an older dump and is now marked up as bad as is 1FFF8B75 also an older one marked as bad now

good news is there are ips patches for those at http://arcvoreppin.free.fr/ips/#_1138 (you want one of the 1138 patches depending on the crc of the bad dump if you have the bad dump that is)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-July-2016 at 03:09.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]