Thread: Creating a clean FBA rom set (using fba_libretro on Recalbox, 0.2.97.37)

Thanks

Default Creating a clean FBA rom set (using fba_libretro on Recalbox, 0.2.97.37)

Hi there,

I am running a Recalbox on RPI3 (Recalbox 4.0 beta). It uses the fba_libretro.
    I have a complete 0.2.97.37 rom set. However, I would like to have a "no-intro" rom set for FBA.

Is there a DAT file, which has only one (the best) variant of a singel game? I want to keep the clones (Pacman for example).
    I only want to get rid of variants of the same game, i.e. only keep one country and one version for that country...

I tried romlister, but I can't get it to filter the regions correctly. If I only select USA roms I end up with 200 or so roms and games like MetalSlug and a lot more are missing...

Thanks for your advice
    Huehnerbrust

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Arcade roms are not the same kettle of fish as console roms, there is no perfect set for arcade as it is always changing.

I have the latest FBA romset here in the forums if you want it.

Regarding the region you need to choose either the appropriate rom in the playlist or change the region with a dipswitch then restart the game.

With neogeo you can enable the awesome Universe Bios which lets you do a bunch of things like change region/AES or MVS and enable cheats all in game.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sure you can create perfect sets of Arcade roms though yes they update all the time so you need to be able to make a set that is perfect for the version of whatever emulator version looks for, so you need a dat file or to create a dat for that version of the emulator, if you wanted to do that yourself

Even console roms are the same new dump are done better and new games get added, some just because they are obscure or in a beta stage

no-intro do not do arcade sets though, they mostly do Consoles, the exception are a few retro computers

Get what Warrior is offering that should be a full perfect set of FBA roms for that version of FBA, just be warned that when they update the core for FBA the roms may also need to be updated

get a full dat for FBA and filter out what you want (Not used Rom Lister myself, but I know Romcenter can filter just fine and allow you to move folders ext so would allow you to move roms that you don't in your set to a new folder just set a few extra folders you want to move games to (Don't remember if you can import clrmamepro dats though, think you can))

https://github.com/libretro/libretro...ee/master/dats <- dats for libretro FBA

https://github.com/libretro/libretro...ree/master/dat also has a bunch of dats (though not all of those are supported by Libretro yet mind)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-June-2016 at 07:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hi Guys,

thanks for the tips. I now filtered the full romset and copied only the wanted roms to a folder. I then manually added some clones (e.g. Packman)...