Thread: THPS Timer not showing

Thanks

Default THPS Timer not showing

I am running Tony Hawk's Pro Skater on 1964 and I saved my game as a Project64Save. When I load the game, the timer and score are not appearing. How can I get those back? I tried booting the game without using the save state and the timer/score appear just fine. Is there something wrong with my save?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Never rely on save states.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

So what should I do to save my game?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

go to nearest checkpoint and save normally?
    Full List of my uploads here (Fixed link ) Only members can access blog.

Quote Ragnar:
    Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try CryptLoad or Mipony.

Do NOT decrypt and or repost my links anywhere!
    All my uploads are on MEGA
    DLC IS NOT GAME! DLC is to be used with Jdownloader to Download GAME!
    paypal.me/IceLancer

Thanks

What do you mean by "save normally"?

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

i assume, it's when they get the first opportunity to save using the original console style way, NOT a snapshot/ram save state.
    if the game allows for saves as it would played on the original hardware, do that.
    the save will generated wherever you defined emu paths.
    n64 consoles save in two ways:
    1, by the cartridge itself, like older zelda games and the like. (3-5 save sockets for each retail card)
    2, by a memory card inserted into the n64 pad, a good amount of games allow for both types.
    3, a savestate is just that, a snapshot of action frozen (specific to emulators) to be resumed later, IF the emu is bug-free in that area.
    all the best.
    [edit]
    keys.
    Last edited by amiga1200; 26th-June-2016 at 10:33.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by silverwraith720 View Post
    What do you mean by "save normally"?
    The same way you would if you were using a real console. That's normal.
    Don't rely on save states because they become corrupt quite easily.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I tried using an N64 controller, but it wouldn't work. I ended up returning it and getting a Logitech, so I don't have a memory card slot on which to save.

Thanks
    EP Points

my bad for being too wordy.
    what i meant was, pretend he emu IS a console and treat it as such.
    there won't be any save (i know of in emus) sent to the pad mc, that's assuming it's driven to read n64 mc's at the os.?!
    play the game normally, and when saved in how the game would save on original HW, look for that save in your emu/cfg directories.
    cfg/ini/xml are text documents and can be viewed.to determine where saves are.
    look at the emulator readme's for the sake of it.
    outside that, go to the emulator developers direct and ask them, but DO provide more BASIC info, or they may not respond.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by silverwraith720 View Post
    I tried using an N64 controller, but it wouldn't work. I ended up returning it and getting a Logitech, so I don't have a memory card slot on which to save.
    That would not work anyway emulators use virtual memcards and ram or battery saves in the form of files so all you need to do is setup the Pad expansions correctly for memcard saves to work, ram saves should be setup by default for those games that had battery or ram chip saves built into the cart

Then all you do it use in-game options to save or use check point saves (that depends on how the game uses saves) instead of using emulator options to save, that would be a save state that saves the data stored in the systems ram as well as some emulator settings

The emulator should update any virtual memcard images setup to the control pad expansion (virtually that is) or update/create a ram/battery save file depending on the type of saves the game uses

Problem with most save states though sometimes not enough information is stored in the state and can cause all sorts of issues including instant game crashes

I'm not saying do not use save states at all just make sure you use in-game saving options as well for when save states mess up that can happen a little too often
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-June-2016 at 07:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR