Thread: CodeBreaker/OPL Help

Thanks

Default CodeBreaker/OPL Help

24 hours later and i am at a in-pass with my PS2 I installed FHDB1.93 on my internal Fat PS2 HDD I was able to update 1.95. Where i am stuck at is I can load OLP 0.9.3 and it's works like a champ. Now i tried to load CodeBraker V10 and when i pick cheats or nothing I get a red screen of death when i click on Start game. So can anyone help me out me.

Thanks

Try using different codes/minimize how many you are using
    also i would recommend using the codebreaker 9.2 patched elf
    and also what game are you trying to use codes on?
    post some of them or give me a link to the codes and i will try to make a .cbc file for you
    you will need a phat ps2+a flash drive/usb drive to use it though(a slim ps2 freezes up in the codebreaker menu when a usb drive(fat32)is plugged in,making it impossible to add a cbc file
    Last edited by forever; 31st-May-2016 at 19:47.

Thanks

no codes, some codes, different games all give me a red screen

Thanks

do the games boot on your hdd?(w/out using cb first?)
    try codebreaker 9.2,i tried using 10 before and only had issues with it.9.2 is easy to use and i have had no problems using opl+usb hdd/esr+backup discs/o actual retail discs.i might be wrong but 9.2 codes are more common to find than 10 ones.i have used 9.2 cb on an internal hdd+phat ps2 but i goofed up and fried my expansion bay,so now i can only load games via usb hdd or disc.(i used 9.2 on the internal hdd as well,again 10 gave me trouble)
    anyway try this elf: http://gamehacking.org/vb/attachment...7&d=1340158177
    also try going here: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f153/uno...ge-obt-119562/ and using that to reinstall fhdb
    it seems there are mentions of the codebreaker elf there.i'll try to keep helping,but i use free mcboot to load games no free hdboot,so my knowledge of this is limited.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80580 has 9.2, 9.3 and version 10 plus patches (9.2 has a pre patched copy there as there are no user options for it, so make sure OPL is named correctly and droped into the correct path for it to use OPL) all are working versions and tested

The thing was that there was more than one version 10 and only one of those was patchable and worked

Best version I would go for 9.3 as it can be customised via the patch for it and all formats of 0 day patches can be used (Official and home made)

Gamehacking unfortunately makes you join (I am a member so thinking of the OP not me)

P.S. I am not an OPL user I only ever bothered with ESR so any advise I give can only go so far...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-June-2016 at 19:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

ok i found my problem i did not name the CB_launch.elf right. I had it named as CB_launcher.ELF ¬_¬. i been looking at these files for 2 days and it just went over my head. I got the 9.2 CB working

Thanks

I hope I was of assistance...
    Happy cheating!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by razielleonhart View Post
    ok i found my problem i did not name the CB_launch.elf right. I had it named as CB_launcher.ELF ¬_¬. i been looking at these files for 2 days and it just went over my head. I got the 9.2 CB working
    side note i got codebreaker V10 working

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Switching Code breakers will corrupt the codebreaker save mostly because they tend not to work with each other, just a fair warning (Would only go into effect if you added or edited a code)

9.3. is a better version but up to you at the end of the day, saying that if day 0 files are of no interest there is another way to edit the code data base without using a control pad, using a PC

Outlined at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?72999

Not sure why I did not mention it in the guide but another way to transfer the codes save is via FTP

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR