Thread: Duke3d add-on

Thanks

Default Duke3d add-on

Hey guys. I recently downloaded duke3d and got it running using dosbox. Went back and downloaded the addons and now i am stuck. My only option seems to be a install but i cant install the duke3d. Any ideas on how to get it running. Thanks

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not sure what you are asking as you say you got duke3d running and then say you can't...

You may want to give a bit more detail if you are still stuck

Anyway Duke Nukem 3D runs best via a port rather than dosbox

http://dukenukem.wikia.com/wiki/Source_port has a nice list of ports

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

My bad for the description. The Duke Nukem 3d file is just a simple setup.exe that runs the game, no installion required or provided. The add on that i downloaded is a couple .ssi files that, to my knowledge require it to be installed. Since i dont have Duke installed i cant install the add-on. Name:  Duke.png
Views: 156
Size:  49.8 KB So what do i do with the ssi files? I will try the ports but the addons is what im after. Thanks again m8

Thanks
    EP Points

Hrmm try moving the ssi files directly into the duke3d folder. Or look in that folder itself for a place to put them like extra, ssi, addons etc.

It may just find and load it. You're looking for that 4th episode or whatever right?

Think there was a complete pack with all the addons too so you may want to also try finding that

I seem to remember being able to install games in dosbox too from the command prompt..

Thanks

Thanks i will look around for the pack. The Duke 3d that i downloaded didnt have the install file, just the option to run setup and then the game, so no installation was required.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by sharkboy24 View Post
    Thanks i will look around for the pack. The Duke 3d that i downloaded didnt have the install file, just the option to run setup and then the game, so no installation was required.
    Ah so basically a pre installed copy just packed and moved. You can do that with quite a few dos games.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That would be Duke it out in DC or something like that

Like I said ports are much better to use

http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/The_Off...allation_Guide

P.S. a couple of the official add-ons can also be updated for the 1.5/Atomic version of Duke Nukem 3D (the version with 4 chapters instead of 3) this noramlly converts a ssi into a grp file
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-May-2016 at 07:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR