Thread: GPSP KAI trouble

Thanks

Default GPSP KAI trouble

Dear members

I've had my PSP for years already, and had custom firmware downloaded on it. I remember back in the days that I was playing pokémon on the psp and all other games.
    Though right now, I thought to put another emulator on there again and play the shit out of pokémon lol.

I tried all sorts of GPSP Kai's, they start up and connect but then when I get into the ROM menu, I can't do anything. The screen isn't really frozen because the time on the top of the screen still ticks, but I can't seem to do anything besides change the brightness of the screen. I can't go up and down through my ROMS, I can't select a game, none of any psp buttons actually works.

I installed the GPSP-J emulator as well, this does work but to be fair, I don't like the none-resizable screen. It just feels so small.

So does anyone know how to solve this issue with GPSP Kai? I remember that I had this emulator downloaded and installed years ago, with fullscreen.

I have a systemsoftware of 5.50 GEN-D (Full)

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.
    I would update that CFW because it's ancient.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Oh hahahaha, thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points

I recommend you use 6.60 PRO-C fix3. This will let you use all PSP releases without any patching, and you can use official PSN releases too.
    Grab the CDDA Enabler plugin (look on the PSP master list) as well if you want less hassles with PSX2PSP eboots.

Upgrade to 6.60 OFW first, then install 6.60 PRO-C fix3.

For GpSP make sure you have the GBA bios. You should be able to access the emu menu from the roms list (maybe by pressing the X button but I'm not sure as I can't check this myself and can't really remember for sure atm).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Can you help me by telling how I update my custom firmware? For some reason, I can't find my modem/router, it's just not in the list. Maybe because it's brand new but I'm not sure?

Thanks
    EP Points

You don't need a modem/router. You can use the memory stick.
    My PSP is a street model and doesn't have wifi at all, I just use a dual micro SD to memory stick adaptor (because micro SD is a cheaper option and you can have larger storage).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

When I try to update it says that my system software is already version 9.90 lol?
    It doesn't need an update

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kletser View Post
    When I try to update it says that my system software is already version 9.90 lol?
    It doesn't need an update
    No such thing as 9.90, you said you were running 5.50 GEN-D.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Yea it is a common bug, looked it up on YouTube. I fixed it now and did as you said. Downloaded and installed the custom firmware. But I keep having the exact same problem.
    On the startup screen where you select a ROM on Gpsp kai (tried a dozen of versions now), nothing works. I can't select a rom or scroll through the ROMS. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you have the GBA bios?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Yes I have and it still is doing something rather weird. If I try tro 'button bash', it sometimes puts me back in another map. This is weird af. :/

My 'selector/cursor' keeps moving down. I can't figure this out lol, I managed to start the game up by button bashing like crazy, though now I'm at the pokémon 'create a character/pick a name'-screen and my cursor keeps moving down. I hve no clue how this is happening, outside of this emulator I don't have such problems.

Ok I fixed it by finally getting to my analog controls and changing the 'upper' analog to do Nothing. Now I can just play with my buttons but really, I have no clue why it does that.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-May-2016 at 02:54. Reason: merged posts

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You just have a dodgy stick, i.e. it's the hardware that has a fault rather than the software

I'm not going to have time but to verify that I would need to test on my end, or another user, personally never could stand the PSP's analog stick

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR