Thread: No CDDA after generating single bin file

Thanks

Unhappy No CDDA after generating single bin file

Hi there, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

This is an issue that is currently hitting me on Tomb Raider 1 and 2 - I followed the ECM and APE guide as as closely as I could, and I'm trying to work with the European releases. My problem is that none of the CDDA tracks seem to play in-game, and these games just aren't the same without their music / cut scene audio

I performed these steps:
    • Extracted all of the files in the archive
    • un-7z'd and un-ecm'd the main game track
    • ran Monkey's Audio to decompress all of the APE files into WAV files
    • ran WAV to BIN on all of the WAV files
    • as no CUE was in the original archive, I found the CUE for this disc in the "Cue's and Sbi's" archive
    • used ISObuster to open the CUE and extract the disc into a single BIN

As I'm intending to then run the games on a PSP, my next steps were to load the BIN into PSX2PSP and copy the output onto the PSP. I've also tried running the BIN in PCSX Reloaded, but I get the same result - no music. I'm not sure if it's in my head, but I swear that when I run TR1 on the PSP, I hear about 0.1 seconds of the title track.

Could someone point out my mistake?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do yourself a favor and go look up the games in Redump format and if need be just use isobuster to merge them into a single bin/cue for use on your PSP.

BTW your problem with with the emulator is you are running it by the bin not the cue, you need to use the descriptor file aka cue to tell the program how to read the image correctly or it will only see the game data and not the audio.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Sorry, I have no idea what I'm looking for, what is the redump format? I ended up on a "disc preservation project" website but they don't appear to host actual disc images...

looks like PCSX Reloaded can't read CUE files, will have to try a different emulator. Does this also mean I'll need to get PSX2PSP to use the CUE? can it do that?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Use genuine PSOne Classics whenever possible.

Here's a plugin to enable CDDA for PSX2PSP conversions:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...bler-v2-plugin

I also recommend you use 6.60 PRO-C fix3 CFW.

Spoiler warning:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by halpet View Post
    Sorry, I have no idea what I'm looking for, what is the redump format? I ended up on a "disc preservation project" website but they don't appear to host actual disc images...

looks like PCSX Reloaded can't read CUE files, will have to try a different emulator. Does this also mean I'll need to get PSX2PSP to use the CUE? can it do that?
    Thats not where you get the images, that is just the project home page that only hosts the metadata.

PCSX Reloaded is not the best choice when it comes to a PSX emulator, Mednafen PSX in Retroarch is though.

I agree with DL, if the game was released on PSN use the official release but if the game was not then you can use a conversion.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Another note:
    Unless you really need EU versions for language reasons you're probably better off sticking to US versions in most cases. This goes for both conversions and official PSN releases.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Use genuine PSOne Classics whenever possible.

Here's a plugin to enable CDDA for PSX2PSP conversions:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...bler-v2-plugin

I also recommend you use 6.60 PRO-C fix3 CFW.
    Oh my! With CDDA Enabler I'm hearing the title track on TR1 and TR2! Thank you!

I'm using 6.61 PRO-C, should everything work the same?

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Another note:
    Unless you really need EU versions for language reasons you're probably better off sticking to US versions in most cases. This goes for both conversions and official PSN releases.
    Not sure if it affects the Tomb Raider games but in the past I've had some games refuse to load saves that I've copied from the PS3 (where I play the real discs), or just some subtle differences in a few games which I find really irritating as it's not what I'm used to

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    I agree with DL, if the game was released on PSN use the official release but if the game was not then you can use a conversion.
    I do have some PSN official releases, but most of the games I play I just use original discs on a PS3, I don't really want to re-buy all of my games again just to take them around with me... But I haven't looked around to see if official releases are available online?
    Last edited by halpet; 7th-May-2016 at 13:50.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by halpet View Post
    Oh my! With CDDA Enabler I'm hearing the title track on TR1 and TR2! Thank you!

I'm using 6.61 PRO-C, should everything work the same?
    6.61 PRO-C is just an unofficial mod iirc so it's the same as 6.60 version. 6.61 doesn't add anything you actually need for games compatibility (all games even recent ones will work on 6.60).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wait you own the actual discs?

You could just use imgburn or isobuster and rip your own discs than having to jump through hoops to convert those ancient non-redump images.

You should just use the USA releases FYI, the PAL release are far slower/buggier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Wait you own the actual discs?

You could just use imgburn or isobuster and rip your own discs than having to jump through hoops to convert those ancient non-redump images.

You should just use the USA releases FYI, the PAL release are far slower/buggier.
    I tried that with imgburn, spent a load of time and ended up with games which didn't boot properly on the PSP (hanging at the Playstation logo usually). Didn't really look much into it, I just cut my losses and downloaded ones I had more confidence in and it seems to have worked

Thanks
    EP Points

If you have original discs follow the CDDA Enabler guide and dump to .ccd .img .sub (aka CloneCD) format.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Yeah, I think I'll give that another go later then

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It might seem odd but I got this working from bin+cue psx2psp converts just fine

no idea why any guide would say bin+cue does not work

maybe it does for some and not others but that I could not explain..

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR