Thread: Which Xploder or ActionReply Discs Work

Thanks

Default Which Xploder or ActionReply Discs Work

I've been wanting to softmod my Ps2 with FreeMcBoot.

You need an 'Action Replay' or 'Xploder' disc to transfer data from USB over to the memory card. But their's many different versions of these and many are also at crazy prices on eBay. Some versions do not include save data transfer over USB like the only one I happen to have which is Xploader v4 lite. I've found this one which is cheap enough but again can't seem to find out if it supports copying saves from USB.

Which ones should I be looking for?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The ability to backup and restore saves from USB does not enable the exploit to be installed at all, that is now how it works

easiest method to use is SwapMagic 3.6 and up over (SwapMagic 3.8 Coder being the best version to go for though) that supports booting from USB directly (no disc swapping)

Older versions of SapMagic can used but using it to boot a CD or DVD instead with ulaunch on it

Action Replay Max Evo can also be used without a disc swap

older versions of Action Replay need to be used to boot a CD-R though (swap trickery needed) using the AR as a boot disc to make the swap go smoothly

Xploder I am not even sure that could be used at all

Code Breaker 8.1 and up over has usb backup and restore features

http://bootleg.sksapps.com//tutorials/fmcb/ is a good place to look and see how it works by looking at Installation (gives an outline of boot methods for the installer)

P.S, you do not need USB save data copy features to install the fmcb mod though, most the methods use a Swap trick of some description to boot a CD or DVD that can install from USB using the homebrew ulaunch to run the fmcb installer from USB or use some other method to run ulaunch

The devices that can boot code from USB just run that installer directly from USB

Being able to copy save from USB to MC does not help you install the mod

Note the last version of the PS2 blocked Memcards from being able to use the mod/exploit

P.P.S. Codebreaker is the best method to backup and restore saves, but again the ability to do so does not enable the exploit to be installed though

I have a full step by step guide up for the actual install process anyway once you get past the boot method for the installer
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2016 at 03:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR