Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Sing Star on PS2

Thanks

Default Problem with Sing Star on PS2

Hello!
    I am new in this downloading!
    I trying to download and burn SingStar for PS2 but my PS2 cant read this game or any SingStar game.
    I try do download some other game and everything is o.k
    Can someone explaine me why?
    Thanks!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What region is your console?

What exactly happens and does not happen when you try to boot these games?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-April-2016 at 04:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I am from Croatia so probably around here. When I trying to start game, they start to Reding DVD and write Play station then continue to reading and that's it. Nothing more.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points

the console mod may play it's part, what is it? (freemcboot, freeharddiskboot, or modchip)
    some games have a nasty copy-protection scheme too. (psxscsne has a few top guys there. hit em up for a real good fill-in, clear info required though.)
    use dvd- and finalize the write session .
    if using FMCB/FHDB and using backup disks still, patch the image in advance using 'ESR' then write it to disk.
    if using a hardmod, no need for the ESR part.
    make sure the images are also verified. (redump.org)
    almost forgot:
    if using internal harddisks, open ps2 loader/OPL has settings for each game on the harddisk.
    apply individual settings there if the problem persists.

Thanks

I don't understand you much what you say
    This ps2 have about 10 years my friend gave to me recently. It have some kind of chip to play pirat games. And rest part I didn't understand.
    Where to find psxcesne? And rest I don't understand!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Croatia as far as I know is PAL region and all those games are PAL region so I don't think it's a regional issue...

It could be the media used though that is maybe the issue, lower quality DVD-R's can have issues with higher read demanding games vs those that have a lower read demand that will just work, higher read games can either just not work or lag during FMV scenes DVD+R is a higher quality media that -R media but the old bulky PS2 can not read those it was only the slim versions of the PS2 that could (unless you change the book type to DVD-Rom)

a500+ is talking about software mods, something you are obviously not using as you don't know what they are, so the info there is not valid for you yet, though a possibility maybe if needs be if only to run video mode software

EDIT:- forgot to mention that is may just be a bad DVD image to start with

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

^^ trying to cover all bases, seems clairvoyance is a skill i lack around these parts?!
    @ op.
    here's psxscene: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    @ zorlon.
    great, so you know then?!
    fantastic, perhaps the op should also know that the laser could be on it's way out?
    may require a pot calibration.
    youtube should help?
    [edit]
    @ op.
    i SERIOUSLY don't recommend throwing in at psxscene unless you go armed with vital info, such as the console mod and the hashes to the images you want to play.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Croatia as far as I know is PAL region and all those games are PAL region so I don't think it's a regional issue...

It could be the media used though that is maybe the issue, lower quality DVD-R's can have issues with higher read demanding games vs those that have a lower read demand that will just work, higher read games can either just not work or lag during FMV scenes DVD+R is a higher quality media that -R media but the old bulky PS2 can not read those it was only the slim versions of the PS2 that could (unless you change the book type to DVD-Rom)

a500+ is talking about software mods, something you are obviously not using as you don't know what they are, so the info there is not valid for you yet, though a possibility maybe if needs be if only to run video mode software

EDIT:- forgot to mention that is may just be a bad DVD image to start with

O.k I will buy DVD+R and i will see. Can you please tell me which ISO burner to use if its posible free ? Now i use Active iso burner. And tell me If i buy New PS2 with new chip, this will solve the problem or not?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by a500+ View Post
    ^^ trying to cover all bases, seems clairvoyance is a skill i lack around these parts?!
    @ op.
    here's psxscene: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    @ zorlon.
    great, so you know then?!
    fantastic, perhaps the op should also know that the laser could be on it's way out?
    may require a pot calibration.
    youtube should help?
    [edit]
    @ op.
    i SERIOUSLY don't recommend throwing in at psxscene unless you go armed with vital info, such as the console mod and the hashes to the images you want to play.
    Not good advice for a PS2 they break far too easy just getting to the pot/s before you even have a chance to fine tune anything
    (best to leave laser issues to last, though no harm in giving the lense itself an alcohol clean)

Take it step by step on advice

I don't know this but can't see it being a laser issue anyway (call it an educated guess)

================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by marki977 View Post
    O.k I will buy DVD+R and i will see. Can you please tell me which ISO burner to use if its posible free ? Now i use Active iso burner. And tell me If i buy New PS2 with new chip, this will solve the problem or not?
    Imgburn default settings except burn speed that can be set to 1x, I would try that now to be honest with your current media

http://www.imgburn.com/

P.S. always be careful when you install any free software, always read what you are asked when you install and make sure you do not install any advert software with it or any tool bars ect
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-April-2016 at 18:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

^^ fair enough, one step at a time.
    @ op.
    there's no one solution, just user suggestions.
    like 'imgburn' and 'dvddecryptor' for example, BOTH are free.
    imgburn for cd's, and dvddecryptor for dvd's.
    oh, dvddecryptor can back up ps2 retails and backups.
    1, create a hash of the image you used and verify it at redump.org. (should match up)
    2, using dvddecryptor, dump the backup disk as a test image on the computer and repeat above.
    3, both should match up 100%, the iso and the image of the backup disk dumped.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-April-2016 at 18:22.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Imgburn is just a newer version of dvddecryptor (they only changed the name and removed the DVD Video decrypting features because of legal action [that has no effect to burning anything or console dvd dumping, it only has an effect on DVD Video dumping])

We don't allow pirate software (&/or keys) outside of console games (10+ year old PC games ect) or even mention of it, please don't quiz me on the why's, but will say that is one of the reasons we have outlasted many other sites, we do still have to take the odd game down from time to time, that I find sad myself but in the long run we still last

Sorry I had to edit that out your post

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I tried to burn it with imgburn but it's some error in image now so I will download new game again. However it's need more than v2 hour for that. Can you give me advice how to make it faster?

Thanks
    EP Points

^^ to download the game faster?
    no idea, sorry.
    (good god) there's a LOT of that stuff here: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. find your version and take it from there.
    for SS, according to it's hash, dvd5, so try dvddecryptor.
    set disk write speed to that of the disk label (8x for example) and go!
    if that fails, try slower than the label speeds recommendation. (6/4x for example)
    coasters are not fun, try the default label write speeds, and if that fails, dial it down a little, assuming you have the disks to waste...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by marki977 View Post
    I tried to burn it with imgburn but it's some error in image now so I will download new game again. However it's need more than v2 hour for that. Can you give me advice how to make it faster?
    Unless you are downloading something else at the same time, that can be paused or stopped to allow more bandwidth no there is little you can do

A download manager would not speed the process up but will ensure the download is fully downloaded so no broken files from a failed download (well chances are very low using one)

exactly what type of error did you get??? the Imgburn log would of done, or even a screen grab of it...

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Unless you are downloading something else at the same time, that can be paused or stopped to allow more bandwidth no there is little you can do

A download manager would not speed the process up but will ensure the download is fully downloaded so no broken files from a failed download (well chances are very low using one)

exactly what type of error did you get??? the Imgburn log would of done, or even a screen grab of it...
    W 13:15:16 Failed to Read Sectors 7712 - 7743 - Reason: ID CRC or ECC Error
    W 13:15:27 Failed to Read Sector 7728 - Reason: ID CRC or ECC Error
    W 13:15:27 Sector 7728 maps to File: \Pack_EE.PAK
    W 13:15:57 Retrying (1)...
    W 13:16:05 Retry Failed - Reason: ID CRC or ECC Error
    E 13:16:23 Failed to Read Sector 7728 - Reason: ID CRC or ECC Error
    E 13:16:23 Sector 7728 maps to File: \Pack_EE.PAK
    E 13:16:24 Failed to Verify Sectors!
    I 13:16:25 Exporting Graph Data...
    I 13:16:25 Graph Data File: C:\Users\Danijel\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\HL-DT-ST_DVD-RAM_GH22LP20_1.00_23-TRAVANJ-2016-_12-58_CMC_MAG._AM3_1x.ibg
    I 13:16:25 Export Successfully Completed!
    E 13:16:25 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:01:21
    I 13:16:25 Average Verify Rate: 193 KiB/s (0.1x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 4.792 KiB/s (3.5x)

It can burn image but cant verify