Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Needing a lot of help. [PCSX2]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Researcher View Post
    Also, I can't post an image of the game's files because it's an ISO like I already said a bunch of times before.
    When someone asks for this here, they usually mean open the folder, make sure file types are shown, and post a screenshot. You're right that uploading the entire disc image would be cumbersome. You just made it a little more complicated than intended. The reason people ask is to make sure everything is properly unzipped, if any .CUE files are where they should be, general things like that.

take a look at PSXdatacenter.com and look for the <PSX 2 datacenter> button at the bottom. Then search by region, then by letter, find your game, and click the green INFO button on the left. Scroll down past the screen shots and you should see working emulator/setting info. If you can get your game started, great. If it's slow and you need to adjust settings from there, at least you're started and know how to get it back to working order if you mess something up. The site tends to list settings that run well and look good on higher end machines.

Though when NTW suggested checking settings, he may have been referring to any speed hacks that might have been enabled. Those can screw things up in different games.

Good luck

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

The download NEVER came with a .cue file.
    SIG REMOVED - READ THE RULES

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

found this: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. and it was never confirmed if your rom is this: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. that's a dvd5 image, iso. (no cuesheet for dvd images)
    hash your rom, if it matches 100%, dunno what to say?! (review usage)
    if it DOESN'T align, i'm gonna go out on a severed limb and say that was the issue all along.
    [edit]
    can't say i've tried it personally, but it's kept as a resource should i need it!

Thanks
    EP Points

I like how I'm asked to do something that I have no reach of. But nonetheless, beneath the quote is the ISO I downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by a500+
    hash your rom

File:

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    take a look at PSXdatacenter.com

Good luck
    I had done exactly this and they had NO information for Tony Hawk's Underground 2.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 22nd-April-2016 at 16:23. Reason: no double posting!

Thanks
    EP Points

and again, NO mind reader.
    YOU clearly fked up along the line somewhere.
    IF you posted the GODDAMN epf link in the first place, i wouldn't be here.
    the user problem is your side, and learn how to edit posts FFS. (no staffer, but the places i frequent tolerate NO laxity and lack of due research.)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Researcher View Post
    The download NEVER came with a .cue file.
    Well it wouldn't would it, since it's a DVD based game.

This thread is painful to read. Like seriously.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html lists the game as playable on PCSX2 v1.1.0

Clicking the game title gives this link to a forum thread discussing the settings and system used to emulate. Which means this is an issue with your settings or hardware.

Please post screenshots of your PCSX2 configuration, any error/debug text from PCSX2, and basic info about your CPU and GPU. Including a screenshot of the folder your game file is in would help, too.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html lists the game as playable on PCSX2 v1.1.0

Clicking the game title gives this link to a forum thread discussing the settings and system used to emulate. Which means this is an issue with your settings or hardware.

Please post screenshots of your PCSX2 configuration, any error/debug text from PCSX2, and basic info about your CPU and GPU. Including a screenshot of the folder your game file is in would help, too.
    I have a few screenshots waiting to be cropped. I'll crop them when I have time. In the meantime, can I ask why you need this?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So we can see where your settings go wrong and give advice based on that

It is one of the requirements for asking for help, to give as much detail as you can in your first post

Usually we need your system specs, emulator used & settings, game & region, detail of issue (not just it does not work & screen grabs if needs be to show what the issue is if it is a visual one like graphical glitches)

Without the above everyone that posts is just guessing or ends up asking for the information that has been neglected in the first post

Hint for screen grabs use alt+print screen or for laptops that may be alt+[fn]+prtscn it snaps just the active window (no cropping required)

Things need to chill out a bit...

Detail needs to be given from the start, this thread is a good example of what can happen when we don't have that and instead of jabs and name calling (sad really) just ask for the extra information, some of you also could do with reading more of the thread before replying and gather more of the issue before posting, call it a learning curve (I don't want to start warning users over something that got out of hand for silly mistakes and lack of info)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-April-2016 at 17:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    So we can see where your settings go wrong and give advice based on that

It is one of the requirements for asking for help, to give as much detail as you can in your first post

Usually we need your system specs, emulator used & settings, game & region, detail of issue (not just it does not work & screen grabs if needs be to show what the issue is if it is a visual one like graphical glitches)

Without the above everyone that posts is just guessing or ends up asking for the information that has been neglected in the first post

Hint for screen grabs use alt+print screen or for laptops that may be alt+[fn]+prtscn it snaps just the active window (no cropping required)

Things need to chill out a bit...

Detail needs to be given from the start, this thread is a good example of what can happen when we don't have that and instead of jabs and name calling (sad really) just ask for the extra information, some of you also could do with reading more of the thread before replying and gather more of the issue before posting, call it a learning curve (I don't want to start warning users over something that got out of hand for silly mistakes and lack of info)
    I'm on my way to posting those screenshots, but before I do, is it the Video settings you need screenshots of? And thank you for the helpful comment. (The bolded bit)

UPDATE: If I'm in the Browse menu (More specifically, the one that shows the 3D models of the memory card and the disc) and I insert the ISO, instant RSOD.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Video setting up to hacks used ect

most games work best from fast boot rather than full boot anyway soi it's not too shocking to hear it fail from booting to the bios first and mounting a disc image after that to try and boot it from there

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Video setting up to hacks used ect

most games work best from fast boot rather than full boot anyway soi it's not too shocking to hear it fail from booting to the bios first and mounting a disc image after that to try and boot it from there
    I've been fast booting T.H.U.G 2 even before you mentioned it.

http://imgur.com/a/7fqtu

These are all my settings, including the damned screen. Another thing, when I'm in the Browser (the menu with the memory card and the disc) and I put in the ISO, the system doesn't give the disc a chance to be read, it just goes STRAIGHT to the RSOD.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

P.S. you do not have the RSOD screen, the RSOD is totally different to that, it's just the Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 disc message, normally seen if you put in a pirate CD/DVD or other none PS2 game CD/DVD, with the exception of DVD Video discs and obviously PSX/PS2 original discs

is it possible that you are running a file that should be inside of an iso rather than being an iso file

a screen grab of the file/s you are running may be required (of the game not the emu)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

P.S. you do not have the RSOD screen, the RSOD is totally different to that, it's just the Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 disc message, normally seen if you put in a pirate CD/DVD or other none PS2 game CD/DVD, with the exception of DVD Video discs and obviously PSX/PS2 original discs

is it possible that you are running a file that should be inside of an iso rather than being an iso file

a screen grab of the file/s you are running may be required (of the game not the emu)
    You lost me (in the red colored text). I can call it whatever I want. I don't understand why it was even important to point out. It was a waste of your time, if you ask me.

But anyways, no, I am running a standalone ISO file coming from a folder that came in a download from this very site.

The RSOD is different from the "screen that is seen if a pirate CD/DVD is inserted" in what way? It's the exact same as the RSOD! Same animation, same intro, same sound, same colors, same screen. How is it different?

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. ^^ NOT funny, at least i think it's in VERY poor taste, yoou wouldn't have issues if posting that kinda 'chat'... (only coder territory to alter so-called 'RSOD' screens at the bios level) and for the record, i had no idea WTF you was wittering about til staffer chucked in.
    i actually thought the same as a fuckin RSOD, a full plain screen of this, no messages, just one colour.
    not a VERY specific console return error...which means what it states, unrecognized disk type afa ps2 emu is concerned.
    you could try mounting the image via virtual drive and direct the emu to that?
    hey, it's worth a shot, and it's NOT like you was any self-help to start with. (loving the fact i can't NUKE users.)
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. ^^ that DOES check out via redump.org all the way.
    i missed the error message part too, and thought it was a solid block of red filling the screen too.
    i can think what i want also it seems, and get it miles wrong in the process, but at least it's a learning curve, for a few of us no doubt.