Thread: Downloaded a unusual PCE-CD romset, can anyone help me getting them to run with Ootake?

Thanks

Default Downloaded a unusual PCE-CD romset, can anyone help me getting them to run with Ootake?

I just cant figure out how to emulate these CD games. Usually when i download games for CD/DVD based systems its usually a single iso/bin/cue etc but these are more like 360 jtag HDD rips where u have a folder with all the files and you simply launch the executable file. Ive looked around the interwebz a bit and saw that mounting the CUE file with deamon tools and selecting with the emulator would work but its a no go so far as deamon tools errors out when attempting to mount the CUE file, I was hoping some1 could help me figure this out. I included a pic of a game so u guys can see what im working with.Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 461
Size:  84.0 KB

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Best method for emulating PCE CD is Retroarch and either the Mednafen PCE Fast core or the Mednafen SuperGrafix core.

If you want help setting it up please drop me a PM or a visitor message.

It is not difficult to set up, BTW you want full dumps not MP3 downsamples.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Best method for emulating PCE CD is Retroarch and either the Mednafen PCE Fast core or the Mednafen SuperGrafix core.

If you want help setting it up please drop me a PM or a visitor message.

It is not difficult to set up, BTW you want full dumps not MP3 downsamples.
    Sorry, Im very new to the PCE emulation, Im lost by what u mean by 'you want full dumps not MP3 downsamples'' part.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Rivera View Post
    Sorry, Im very new to the PCE emulation, Im lost by what u mean by 'you want full dumps not MP3 downsamples'' part.
    Notice the mp3 files with that dump of yours?

The CD Audio tracks were compressed and the original quality is lost plus that makes the image harder to emulate.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can try and convert the files back into wav files that is possible what is looked for in the cue file, but as above there will be quality loss, but then again that should not stop it from working

P.S. that game is officially translated and is part of he PSP Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles as an unlockable game, also has a very nice version of Symphony of the Night built into it again unlockable (it's the PSX version with some nicely added features, like the Jap Map layout (including the two extra familiars) options of Jap or Eng Voices and text), Maria is also playable (This is also a re-voiced/translated version though the translation is no more accurate than the original [I like the voices for both versions myself, but if that does bother you just switch the voices to jap ]), as well as it being a remake of Rondo of Blood in itself that is rather cool and fun
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-March-2016 at 12:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You can try and convert the files back into wav files that is possible what is looked for in the cue file, but as above there will be quality loss, but then again that should not stop it from working

P.S. that game is officially translated and is part of he PSP Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles as an unlockable game, also has a very nice version of Symphony of the Night built into it again unlockable (it's the PSX version with some nicely added features, like the Jap Map layout (including the two extra familiars) options of Jap or Eng Voices and text), Maria is also playable (This is also a re-voiced/translated version though the translation is no more accurate than the original [I like the voices for both versions myself, but if that does bother you just switch the voices to jap ]), as well as it being a remake of Rondo of Blood in itself that is rather cool and fun
    Thanks for the info, i will definitely look into that as the PSP is my preferred mobile emulation device. The cool thing about this complete set i have is that once you set up the bios its pretty much plug and play with psphugo out the box. Im no audiophile so a not so crazy downgrade in sound quality wont bother me much if i could get these running on PC.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

for psp and emulation smaller files is better though lossless codecs are always better depending on what the emulator used supports, admit it has been a while since I pulled the good olde psp out

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    for psp and emulation smaller files is better though lossless codecs are always better depending on what the emulator used supports, admit it has been a while since I pulled the good olde psp out
    I know it was a while ago but I just thought id let you know that the suggestion you gave about converting them back to wav worked like a charm (combined with the awesome help warrior gave me with setting up retroarch to play them). I really didn't notice a notable degradation in quality either but hey, i am the same guy that took a couple years to truly notice the difference between standard and hi def :p. It does massively increase the file sizes but i have a few terabytes to spare so its not a huge deal. Im still going to look around a see if i could get a PC emulator that supports these MP3 dumps just like my PSP emulator does but the important part of getting them to run on my PC in the 1st place is resolved. Thanks for all the help guys.
    Last edited by Mario Rivera; 22nd-March-2016 at 02:08.

Thanks
    EP Points

use deamon tools,mount the .cue in deamon tools
    then use magic iso and make a .bin .cue image...

or just use deamon tools and mount the .cue in the virtual drive and tell the emu to use that drive

game on man