Thread: Problems saving on A Link To the Past - Four Swords ROM on GBA emulator

Thanks

Default Problems saving on A Link To the Past - Four Swords ROM on GBA emulator

Hey, so I tried both Link To The Past - Four Swords (GBA) roms on emuparadise on both VisualBoyAdvance and Boycott Advance (on Mac OS X 10.10.5), and for some reason battery saves were not working on either emulator on either rom. Is this a known, general problem or is this just my problem?

To explain, if I run either rom on Boycott, when I click Save & Continue in the menu in game, it continues normally, but if I exit the emulator and return, the menu screen will be blank with no save files. If I use Save & Quit, the emulator itself will quit, but still, no battery saves. If I run on VBA, the rom opens up with an error message: "Error creating file Battery Saves/[rom name].sav" and will do that whenever I try to create a file or save in game.

I appreciate any help or clarification, and if you need any more information to help, let me know. Thanks

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would say it was just on your end

Does this happen with any other game you try in VBA, it could just be a copy/user protection on the folders used so files can't be created where the emulator is asking it to be saved

If it was an emulation issue with save types it would just have a battery error or a corrupt save error in the actual game

I wouldn't know about boycott, from what I remember it was never a finished emulator, it was one of the first GBA emulators that was quickly taken over by other projects

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR