Thread: Supercard DS Two--who's used one?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Supercard DS Two--who's used one?

And what did you think? Thinking about maybe getting one to emulate NES, SNES, GBA, Genesis, and MAME on my DS Lite at some point in the future. I like the idea of having something portable to play games from all of these systems.

TIA...

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ya regarding the emulation function, you are way better off getting a open android handheld like the JXD if that is all you want it for is to emulate.

SNES is mostly frame skip hell and even then it depends on the game itself if the game is heavy in the graphics.

GBA works pretty well yet it still needs frameskip and some games are broken.

Genesis is a bust and the only good emu on it is closed source and dead since the dev supposedly works for sega now r and both cutoff parts of the screen require you to press L and R to move the screen left and right to see the screen in its entirety.

MAME I have not tried yet on my DSTwo but I'm sure its just as bad since MAME entirely depends on the CPU.

But ya give one of the many open android based handhelds a look into, here is the JXD lineup - http://www.jxd.hk/game-console/

There is another JXD not listed that looks like a Wii U controller.

The S7800B is a decent option for everything you mentioned but its best to research and see what you personally think is best.
    Last edited by Warrior; 20th-February-2016 at 03:24.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for saving me about 60 bones and a ton of headaches, Warrior! I just started itching to play some of the games I grew up with, so I've been killing every free moment this week on Google trying to figure out what I want to do. Plus, I'm ridiculously cheap, which makes things more difficult sometimes! Lol! Gonna hit a few retro gaming shops here locally tomorrow and see if I can at least scare up a Gameboy Advance SP. Then I think I'll order an Everdrive GB to play Tetris and Super Mario Land. I guess the NES games will have to wait a bit longer!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Welcome buddy, the open android handhelds are pretty cool though, you can even run PSX on them as well as N64 and Dreamcast.

Look into Retroarch too, its great for everything you wish to play.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Supercard DS Two is a great kit in itself for DS games (no patching ect ect) but as far as 16bit systems go including MAME 16bit games that DS screen is simply too small

GBA is fine mostly
    SMS and NES are even squashed though as the DS res is even too low for those
    other hand held emulation though GBC GameGear ect are fine, don't remember for the Neo-Geo pocket or Atari Lynx though
    Most the old school computers work on for the DS also mostly ported from GBA versions of the same emu's

Most of my portable emulation is still done via a PSP, though not looked at it for a while now so not looked at Retroarch for it as of yet though it will be a limited version and will not have all the cores of the PC version has (can't see it anyway, like I said not looked yet)

Also I have heard you can get some nice handheld console looking and feeling android devices now

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, Warrior, I hope you're happy with yourself! I've done tons of research, read and watched reviews, and just pulled the trigger on a JXD s7800b from Amazon. Found one with 16 gigs of memory that already has Android 4.4 on it. It should be here in a few days.

Funny thing is, my wife suggested I buy it when I told her how many systems I could play on it while we were on our way to the second retro gaming store in my search for a Gameboy Advance SP to play Gameboy games on with an Everdrive that I was going to order at some undetermined point in the future. She asked, "Why would you pay that much for just one system of games when you could have so many different ones with this other system?! It just makes sense logically to be able to play more games for just a little bit more money. Plus the wifi!" She threw in the wifi because I've been wanting something besides my iPhone to watch Netflix on while she works during the day. Yeah, she's a keeper! Lol!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 24Fanatic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I think you should get supercard dstwo plus for 3ds. If you have a 3ds. It comes preinstalled with snes, gba, ds,and 3ds emulators. And it will probably use most other downloadable plugins for the normal dstwo. Most emulators work like a beast. I think using the normal dstwo on a 3ds will also boost it, but you have to put it in a ds or dsi first to download some things then you can use it on 3ds.

Jackhammer is online now Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by escargooner View Post
    I think you should get supercard dstwo plus for 3ds. If you have a 3ds. It comes preinstalled with snes, gba, ds,and 3ds emulators. And it will probably use most other downloadable plugins for the normal dstwo. Most emulators work like a beast. I think using the normal dstwo on a 3ds will also boost it, but you have to put it in a ds or dsi first to download some things then you can use it on 3ds.

From what I've read, by using Gateway software/plugins, the DSTWO+ is bricking 3DS consoles. It was a while since, I've not seen anything on the subject recently.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    From what I've read, by using Gateway software/plugins, the DSTWO+ is bricking 3DS consoles. It was a while since, I've not seen anything on the subject recently.
    Huh, weird.

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Huh, weird.

If you check up on the old Gateway firmwares, there was a certain version (can't remember offhand) that detected clone Gateway carts and bricked your 3DS, seems likely to be related.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Huh, weird.
    Its just done in spite by the Gateway team to piss off as many Flashcard user as possible because they are not stupid enough to spend that outrageous amount of money on a flashcard.

Did so knowing full well they can get away with it.

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Its just done in spite by the Gateway team to piss off as many Flashcard user as possible because they are not stupid enough to spend that outrageous amount of money on a flashcard.

Did so knowing full well they can get away with it.

You can pick them up on eBay pretty cheap now since custom firmware. But you have to be quick before they get removed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    You can pick them up on eBay pretty cheap now since custom firmware. But you have to be quick before they get removed.
    People actually sell flashcards on ebay?

I only saw one listing and that was with a DS Lite, pretty rare.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

You can find flash cards bundled with used consoles on ebay, over here at least. I wouldn't say it's extremely rare you just have to dig a bit 'cos most of the time it won't be mentioned in the listing title. And yeah they get taken down a lot. But I bought a DS Lite a while back through ebay with an R4 clone.
    Dunno about 3DS cards though (never looked), I got my 3DS XL new locally.

Actually, I think the one I got didn't mention the R4 in the listing details at all...just mentioned the couple of retail games, charger and a carry bag. The card was in one pic but it wasn't a close up view of it.
    I asked the seller about it to verify it was included in the sale.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 19th-March-2016 at 00:44.

Spoiler warning:

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Yes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...p2045573.m1684

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...ky3ds&_sacat=0

That's just a quick search. There's also Everdrives and old backup devices, Super Wild Card, V64 etc.