Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic [MIX]

Thanks

EP Points

Default Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic [MIX]

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic [MIX]

Information about the game:
    One of the best games ever and definetely on the top 10 XBOX games.
    The story takes place approximately 4,000 years before the rise of the Galactic Empire. Former Jedi Darth Malak, a Dark Lord of the Sith and Darth Revan's former apprentice, has unleashed a Sith armada against the Republic. Malak's aggression has left the Jedi scattered and vulnerable; many Jedi Knights have fallen in battle and others have sworn allegiance to Malak.

The game opens with the player's character—the player can choose a face and be male or female —awakening aboard the Republic ship, Endar Spire, which is under attack by Malak's forces. The player's character gradually gathers companions and pieces together their past while attempting to stop Malak. While taking refuge at the Jedi Academy on Dantooine, the player's character learns to be a Jedi, discovers a "Star Map", and learns of the "Star Forge", the probable source of Malak's military resources. The player's character and their companions search planets across the galaxy—Dantooine, Manaan, Tatooine, Kashyyyk, and Korriban—for more information about the Star Forge. Through the course of their travels, the player will eventually discover their character's true identity - the brainwashed Darth Revan, whom the Jedi Council on Dantooine took in and subjected to memory modification so that he would no longer be a threat to the galaxy. Darth Revan had been injured when attacking a Republic planet because Darth Malak turned his guns on his former master. Because Bastila Shan was aboard Revan's ship with a Jedi strike force, she was able to heal him and bring him to the Jedi Council on Dantooine. Her actions lead to the force bond between her and Revan, which plays a role later in the game.

Depending on the character's alignment, upon ultimately reaching the Star Forge he or she either defeats the Sith (the light-side path) or usurps control from Malak (the dark-side path). A light-aligned character is hailed as a savior and hero; a dark-side character stands before the remaining Sith forces as the new Dark Lord of the Sith.

Compressed size: 1.79Gb
    Uncompressed size: 3.86Gb
    Developer: BioWare & LucasArts
    Release date: July 15, 2003
    Genre: RPG
    Playable Resolutions: 480i, 480p
    Widescreen 16:9: No
    In Game Dolby Digital: Yes
    360 backward compatible: Yes!

DOWNLOAD
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. PASSWORD
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by GabrielSilva; 9th-February-2016 at 00:43.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GabrielSilva For This Useful Post:

Thanks

EP Points

Is this actually PAL source? I think the PAL version supports more languages than NTSC-U.
    Spoiler warning:

If you send me a friend request on PSN please identify yourself and possibly state a reason why. Blank requests will be ignored.

Thanks

EP Points

I'm not sure... QWix says it is "Mix" region

Thanks

EP Points

I think both NTSC-U and PAL versions come up as mixed. But like I said the PAL version supports more languages iirc.
    It's ok man I was just curious about the source, I already have the PAL version of this and Sith Lords for Xbox.
    Spoiler warning:

If you send me a friend request on PSN please identify yourself and possibly state a reason why. Blank requests will be ignored.

Thanks

EP Points

Just a random question about these mixed region games: are they 60 or 50Hz? And mix = region free or not?

Thanks

EP Points

Well from what I've seen some Xbox mixed games are only just NTSC-U/PAL so not truly RF (like 360 games can be), maybe there are some Xbox games that are all region but I wouldn't know myself. I've shared this same game before and had it listed as [PAL/NTSC-U] because I don't think it was NTSC-J as well. It was PAL source...AU retail specifically although I never checked to see if there was any difference between it and the EU release besides the cover (art is the same but has localised ratings on it) and maybe the manual.

Edit:
    Just looked this game up on BC list and PAL version is listed as 50/60Hz.
    http://xbox.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_X..._with_Xbox_360
    Last edited by deadlegion; 9th-February-2016 at 00:37.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks

EP Points

That's interesting. I'm going to edit the main post so I can remove that "Region Free", after all, this isn't RF at all. Thanks.
    I'm going to look for a north-american source, just got curious now

Thanks

EP Points

You can't edit the thread title but I can do that for you...so change to [NTSC-U/PAL] ?

Also, the region stuff doesn't matter all that much for original Xbox users. I mean if the game isn't NTSC-J compatible it doesn't really matter. Most people only bother with NTSC-U shares but some titles have more language support with PAL versions. I guess 60Hz support is the important thing at the end of the day.

Although If you had a Japanese 360 with just a flashed drive then I would think (I don't know for sure) you would need to source NTSC-J compatible games, so a game on the BC list like this one, but only supports PAL & NTSC-U might not work.

Edit: Saw your edit so changed thread title accordingly.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 9th-February-2016 at 00:53.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I am having a problem unzipping this game I keep getting a message telling me that there are unsupported compression formats could you please help me with this problem please.

Thanks

EP Points

Try redownloading it, it's probably a download corruption issue.

Thanks

Thanks GS, but I downloaded 3 times and keeps stating that the archived file is corrupted. I am using Unarchiver for Mac. Any ideas by chance?
    Last edited by Case187; 4th-July-2016 at 06:42.

Thanks

EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Case187 View Post
    Thanks GS, but I downloaded 3 times and keeps stating that the archived file is corrupted. I am using Unarchiver for Mac. Any ideas by chance?
    Try using the latest version of 7zip (from the official site) on a Windows PC.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks

EP Points

That's really odd, I always test my files before uploading.
    Nevermind, I'll try to reupload it to Mediafire as MEGA just started to ask for money in order to download files. Gonna do it when I have some free time.

Thanks

this game is great. just play just !!!

Thanks

mega didnt ask me for money to download.....