Thread: New to Emulators, and wanting to play TROG

Thanks

Default New to Emulators, and wanting to play TROG

Hello, fellow gamers.

The title says it all, and I would appreciate some assistance. First up, the clues and backstory:
    • My computer is a 64 bit machine, and I have a 64 bit MAME emulator.
      I have found the arcade version of TROG and have downloaded it to a dedicated folder for MAME and the downloads for it

Now, when I start up the MAME, it brings up a block-screen with the following text:
    "Please check the rompath in the mame.ini file. If this is your first time using MAME please see the config.txt file in the docs directory for instructions for configuring MAME"

It *is* my first time using MAME, but the rest is Mandarin Chinese to me. YouTube vids haven't helped me crack the code, so I come to you. What's next? I must be missing some simple critical step, but I don't know what it is.

Assistance in this is appreciated.

Thanks fellow gamers,

D

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just drop the rom zip file into the roms folder of mame, do not rename the zip file do not extract the zip file either, the game must remain in the zip file

You must have the parent rom for this game that is just trog.zip (Trog (rev LA5 03/29/91)) all other versions use parts of trog.zip to run

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR