Thread: Video and sound out of sync?

Thanks

Default Video and sound out of sync?

Hi, so I don't know if this is the issue with all games, and whether it's obvious from what I'm saying what the problem I'm having happens to me, but I feel like video and sound isn't in sync with each other and idk what to do.

I went for a couple dancing stage games because I enjoy those, and in both, the arrows hit the mark about the same amount of time quicker than the sound, and it's pretty obvious. I don't know if there's a setting where either the video or the sound can be changed to remedy this? It's kinda ruining the experience for me

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

First step would be to mention game games/system/emulator/etc.

Kind of hard to help if we have nothing to go on.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Ah, sorry.

The emulator is the PCSX2 PS2 emulator (ver 1.2.1) and the games are the dancing stage fever & supernova games, though i didn't think it necessary to mention the games since they were at the same level out of sync with each other.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://buildbot.orphis.net/

Go there for the latest builds since the stable is quite old.

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Main_Page

Go there to check a games compatibility.

BTW wrong section to ask for this, you wanted the everything emulation/sony section.

The mods will move it once its seen so no biggie.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Are you sure there are no other options? Is it possible there's a (constant) slight lag in video/sound sync because my computer isn't capable of handling it? I've tried different things such as newer emulators, EU/US emulators etc but nothing changes. Are there no settings in the emulator itself to change things like this?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

'm not sure on the factors that are causing the issue, have you tried any other games?

Usually the results in the wiki by testers is accurate and you just need to check a new nightly every few weeks to see if a issue was resolved.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

sync issues can be caused by incorrect FPS setup this happens with any console if you force the game to run a the wrong frame rate the sound and video will go out of sync and eventually crash some games, so if you had a NTSC console but played a PAL game forcing it to run in NTSC mode it will go out of sync

this does not affect all games though

though it could well be as above an issue with the actual emulator that is yet to be resolved

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR