Thread: How to set up Project 64 for multiple controllers?

Thanks

Default How to set up Project 64 for multiple controllers?

I have search for a while and I still can not find anything about setting up a controller or multiple controllers for the project 64 (and other systems).
    Is it really easy that no one has posted it up? (plug and play) My plan is to have 4 controllers eventually.
    I do not have the controller right now but it will be a wireless n64 controller for PC, any suggestions of a good N64 traditional style controller for PC?

-Gamer_EE

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

options -> configure controller plugin

on there, there are separate player 1 2 3 & 4 setups, yes it is very very easy

personally I can't stand N64 pads I even use a GC to N64 pad convertor with my N64 instead of a pad that if the game you want to play uses all the buttons you have to change your hold mid game to get to the button and there are a few games like that

The N64 pads are one of the worst pad designs in all honesty using a simple PSX/PS2 design pad or an actual one is a better option, convertors are usually very cheap aswell

N64 pads have 3 triggers (L R and Z that is in the middle of the pad) a D-Pad a Thumb stick again in the middle of the pad a second D-pad (called a C-Pad I think it was) on the right and 4 action buttons not forgetting the start button

GC pads have the same buttons (just a much better design) but the right D-pad is replaced with a stick and the Z trigger is under the R trigger and it has a left stick instead of a stick in the middle of the pad, it is much the same as a PSX/PS2 pad just no L3 or R3 and one less back trigger oh and no select button
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-December-2015 at 17:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thank you for the quick response. I don't care about the design of the controller, my muscle in my hand have memory for N64 controller for the N64 games and PS2 controller for most other games. I do plan on having the PS3 wireless controller for other systems.