Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Repaired XBOX has UnleashX

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Is there a guide around for "How to get a game from Disc on to your XBOX"? I got it modded with UnleashX.
    DVD2Xbox app. I think version 0.7.8 is the last but check up on that as I haven't touched my modded box for quite some time.
    You should only use it for retail discs that you can't download from anywhere though (use ftp for everything you can, it will make your optical drive last longer).

Spoiler warning:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The only game we own that I can find online is NFS:Underground which is here. It could be that I just don't know where to look.

Is there any way to rip games on PC and FTP them, to avoid using the XBOX DVD drive at all?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

The only game we own that I can find online is NFS:Underground which is here. It could be that I just don't know where to look.

Is there any way to rip games on PC and FTP them, to avoid using the XBOX DVD drive at all?
    Nah, PC DVD drives can't read the format of Xbox discs. I used to copy them by putting the disc into the Xbox, FTPing into the Xbox and FTPing the files from the DVD drive of the Xbox onto my PC's hard drive.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nope.
    Remember a lot of games labelled as PAL have NTSC files, so you don't necessarily need to avoid PAL rips.

If you really can't find what you need request them, I'm sure Zorlon or fu can probably fix you up with most if not all (fu sometimes just PMs links).

If you do have to rip stuff yourself, make a backup disc using ftp and qwix on your pc. You can then dump the backup using a PC DVD drive. Or just keep backups on an ext HDD, or do both (all of my backups are DVD but most are on HDD too).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Nah, PC DVD drives can't read the format of Xbox discs. I used to copy them by putting the disc into the Xbox, FTPing into the Xbox and FTPing the files from the DVD drive of the Xbox onto my PC's hard drive.
    My gawd. How long did that process take?

I used a cross-over cable connected directly to my laptop to circumvent the router bottleneck altogether. Then I realized there were NO games I wanted to play. So I pitched it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    My gawd. How long did that process take?

I used a cross-over cable connected directly to my laptop to circumvent the router bottleneck altogether. Then I realized there were NO games I wanted to play. So I pitched it.
    I used a crossover cable initially but then just used and old router/switch as a dedicated setup. It's all packed away atm though, like most of my console stuff.
    Yeah transferring stuff can be time consuming, but a dead optical drive can be annoying if you really need it. Although you can always have at least one spare console to swap in a drive (I still have 1 spare that has had little use).

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Direct from an Xbox DVD to the xbox internal drive, no software is really needed depending on the dash, unless said game has some none Xbox HDD compliant file names (that DVD2Xbox does not handle, that is a lot mind they only got so far with the auto patches and only combats a small amount of the game that do have name issues or hdd issues) then you need to make an iso directly to HDD that you can either just use DVD image mounting software directly on a Xbox HDD or just copy the ISO to PC via FTP extract the image file with something like Qwix (< not the only software that can extract those) hack the game to use file names the the xbox HDD can use then ftp the modded game files back over

P.S. I fixed most of the issue games myself anyway as it happens

Qwix is one of the fastest ways to FTP and is faster than most standard FTP software when used with Avalaunch that is itself a dash but I only use it as an app as my dash is XBMC, much sexier but lacks the FTP boosting that avalaunch can use but has other features that avalaunch does not

XBMC also fixes a lot of game issues that most other dash's do not so for that I would recommend it over dash's such as UnleashX or the other commonly known one that for now I forget it's name
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-January-2016 at 20:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I always found Filezilla to almost max out the connection, peaks around 11.2MBps.

Also you can explore the Xbox through Windows. I'm not sure what kind of transfer speeds it gets, but it's pretty painless to set up and very convenient.

Go to "My Computer" (or This Computer for Windows 10) and click either "Map network location" or in Windows 10 right-click the "This Computer" window and choose "Add Network Location."

Click "choose a custom network location" and hit next.

Enter "ftp://xbox : xbox@[your Xbox IP]" - example: "ftp://xbox : [email protected]" and click next. Also disregard the spaces.

Uncheck anonymous browsing and now you should see in under My Computer.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to need2burn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What would be involved in moving my 250GB or 750GB HDD from my computer to the XBOX? I have the eeprom.bin backed up on the xbox and computer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What would be involved in moving my 250GB or 750GB HDD from my computer to the XBOX? I have the eeprom.bin backed up on the xbox and computer.
    IIRC, it involves an IDE splitter cable and some cloning software. However, you can pretty easily brick it if you're not certain of the steps.
    I think there were also very few compat drives, but that may have changed.

Thanks
    EP Points

And right about now, having a modchip makes life so much easier.

Spoiler warning:

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

There's a Youtube tut in this thread.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-original-xbox

The CHIMP app is in this thread.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...lem-with-CHIMP

Check this list to see if your model of HDD is lockable.
    http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list

Assuming you have all the parts needed, lockable HDD, genuine Microsoft controller and CHIMP, it's a relatively easy process to clone your stock HDD. The cloning process of a basic stock HDD takes around 10 minutes. I prefer to mod the stock HDD, don't add any games or apps, then clone the stock HDD and add games and apps to the new HDD.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by need2burn View Post
    I always found Filezilla to almost max out the connection, peaks around 11.2MBps.

Also you can explore the Xbox through Windows. I'm not sure what kind of transfer speeds it gets, but it's pretty painless to set up and very convenient.

Go to "My Computer" (or This Computer for Windows 10) and click either "Map network location" or in Windows 10 right-click the "This Computer" window and choose "Add Network Location."

Enter "ftp://xbox : xbox@[your Xbox IP]" - example: "ftp://xbox : [email protected]" and click next. Also disregard the spaces.

good post but give qwix a try with avalaunch as an app, it's not just faster but more reliable with a few games, it's not a replacement for Filezilla more of a faster option for Xbox games, for apps and emulators Filezilla is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.avalaunch.net/qwix/
    Beyond that? Well, if you are also using Avalaunch, then you need to go into your avalaunch.xml and make sure that BOOST mode is enabled, because you are gonna love that. When combined with Avalaunch, Qwix has the ability to upload ISO's to your xbox at speeds much faster than you could achieve with a normal FTP client. Give it a try, compare it, and watch Qwix get the files there 3 times faster!
    olde IDE PC method of upgrading an Xbox HDD
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?85589
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-January-2016 at 03:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by need2burn View Post

This is fantastic. I can FTP directly from a windows folder without messing around with outside programs.

As for the speeds, I moved a 4GB game through my router in about 6 minutes. Very nice.

The hitch here is that most of the games I have found are ISO format so I have been burning them, then ripping them with DVD2XBOX. It seems like there was a way to avoid burning them but I haven't bothered to read about it. At least this way I can send the burned disc to my friend who doesn't have internet access.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you have mostly ISO image backups instead of files you should be able to rip+ftp the files. It has been ages since I used qwix so I'm not sure if you can use that, but you can rebuild an Xbox image using qwix so I'm guessing you might be able to do the reverse

If you ftp everything it will take longer than ripping on your Xbox, but you aren't abusing your Xbox optical drive if you ftp.

Spoiler warning: