Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ps3

Thanks

its pretty stupid of sony to try and make PS-3 because no 1 would buy.... it if PS-2 just came out why the heck would people waiste money on part-3......

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego

Thanks

The PS3 will not be a console it will be an OS that will wwork with consoles and computers

Thanks

I dunno but those specs seem crazy powerful!

Kazuya Guest

Originally posted by Toto
    The PS3 will not be a console it will be an OS that will wwork with consoles and computers
    Where'd you get that info from?
    Console and computer are the same basically.
    And what is an OS? <---Dumb question, don't wanna edit, just dumb question.

Thanks

Originally posted by Kazuya

Where'd you get that info from?
    Console and computer are the same basically.
    And what is an OS?
    I'm not sure but it was from IGN I think.
    An OS is an Operating System

Thanks

It sounds kind of interesting, then again, I don't really have anything to say, cause I've never bought any Sony systems, although I did borrow a friends PSX to play Chrono Cross for a while.

Kazuya Guest

Oh man...I must be losing it, I graduated through Computer Networking and forgot what OS was. Pity me.

BrinkofTime Guest

Hey welcome back James! 108 posts already..sweet jesus Well, good to see you back again!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There is no official info yet so don't keep your hopes up of anything soon plus sony usually have perfect timing for bringing new tecnology to the ppl

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Kazuya Guest

Originally posted by BrinkofTime
    Hey welcome back James! 108 posts already..sweet jesus Well, good to see you back again!
    It might sound surprising but I have not spammed that much with my usual dumb remarks, I've given answers and questions mostly now. See how helpful I am around here.

Zorlon
    I agree with you there.

grandmasterazz Guest

109 posts in one month well actually less man thats quick

as for da ps3 2005 seems too soon

psx was released 95ish while ps2 was 2000ish oh actually can thta every 5 years is alright i guess

how are they gonna market this thing if its an os in direct competition with microsoft???
    or is it soley for gaming?

SomeUserGuy Guest

an os directly for gaming would be awesome. that way, it could probably run faster.

as to the fake ps3, the bidder is a real jackass.

serge2k Guest

I wonder who is bidding on that

Thanks

GamePro Had An Article About The PS3 Having Cells In Their Last Issue. Their Website's http://www.gamepro.com

Though I Cannot Garunteee They'll Have It There
    "Traveler"
    Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
    CPU: Devil's Canyon i5 @ 4.0GHz
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2400MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti
    Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX
    Drive: Trend Micro 128GB SSD

Thanks

Speaking Of Which...

"PS3 in 2005?
    06-SEP-02
    The Financial Times in Britain reported today that Sony will try to release the so-called PlayStation 3, the successor to the current PS2 system, by the end of 2005. According to the report, Sony is moving up the release to keep Microsoft or Nintendo from putting out their own next-gen systems first.
    Sony Computer Entertainment officials quickly moved to deny the Financial Times report, calling it "without base...We are in the research phase for the next system, but nothing has been decided yet. We have yet to discuss the PS2 successor's features with any software makers, and the system will probably not come out until the developers are no longer satisfied with the abilities of the PS2 hardware."

This date would put the PS3 well ahead of its current schedule�work on the heavily rumored Cell multi-processor, which reportedly will form the core of the new system's technology, is not due to wrap up until the spring of 2005. Cell, a new chip co-developed by Sony, IBM and Toshiba, will have the ability to link up multiple systems over high-speed Internet connections for supercomputer-like processing power. According to some preliminary reports, the "PS3" might not even be a game system in a box�instead, the Cell processor could only be available embedded in set-top boxes and other home appliances.

"We've started with boxes�making boxes to do specific things," said SCE spokesman Kenichi Fukunaga, "but if you have a chip this powerful you can add functions to any box. It's reverse thinking." It's all still a little too Jetsons-ish for us to comprehend, but 2005 is three years away, after all. Hopefully we'll all have flying cars by then as well."
    "Traveler"
    Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
    CPU: Devil's Canyon i5 @ 4.0GHz
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2400MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti
    Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX
    Drive: Trend Micro 128GB SSD