Thread: hi all please help.......(slotmachines on MAME)

Thanks

Default hi all please help.......(slotmachines on MAME)

ive recently got mame on my pc and have lots of roms ect

ive been lucking at the fruitmachine games like deal are no deal games ect bell fruits ect...

how can i get these to work on mame everytime i have tried them they dont work????

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Fruit machine arcade games (the whole thing is done on a screen) or actual fruit machines

Fruit machine arcade games work just fine

if the later it is only the rom chip that is emulated much like pinball machines these have moving parts (or just flashing lights) that can not be fully played with MAME directly

though pinball games do get simulated and can still use the roms for scores and switches/bonuses ect.. between pinmame and vpinball (pinmame does the rom mostly just a score display, but some do a little more than that and vpinball simulates the actual table)

don't think there is a fruit machine simulator though that can be used with the roms, but can't say I have looked into that myself

There are several Deal or No Deal Fruit Machines but most use flashing lights and actual spinning fruit sets that MAME does not deal with as it only emulates rom dumps and does not simulate moving parts or flashing back lights also the front of a fruit machine is just a fixed display that is not generated by a rom chip but it a rather a printed image with lights in certain area's to indicate what is on that fixed display

To take it to simple terms the attached can not be played in MAME, it is only the rom chip that is emulated, the rest is done by lights controlled by the chip but that is physical lights not just a VDU display (MAME only output what the rom chip can display to a VDU, be that a score VDU or a the entire contents of a game but pinabll machines and fruit machines don't use a VDU for much asides from a score or cash display the rest is done with lights behind a fixed display instead of a video display)

One of the VDU's on the attached image is in the middle at the top, it is all that the rom chip outputs display to (I think that one has a couple more VDU's on it that would be controlled by the same chip)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-November-2015 at 09:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR