Thread: Mega Man X3 won't run properly

Thanks

Default Mega Man X3 won't run properly

So I tested both Mega Man X3 and Rockman X3 in epsxe, and neither runs correctly.

The former hangs on the "Now Loading" screen. The latter won't play any music. Also, both of them have issues with the FMV's...they appear with a choppy framerate. I'm running the games in software mode.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Always use Run ISO and choose the cue file to enable CDDA playback (Music) you also need to convert the disc image to a single Bin file with a Cue file if it is not already, see my ecm&ape guide on the hows (it is in the guides stuck thread)

If you are just using software mode though you may want to consider using a different emulator anyway

If converted to a different CD disc image format or converted to a single bin+cue with most software this will fail due to the special XA headers used in PSX disc images, so please do follow the guide on how to do that correctly (XA header loss will make all XA based Music and Video's not work and would freeze up before they can be played, for music this sometimes just does not play, it depends on how the game was coded)

If you use Run ISO directly with the binary part of a disc image (*.img is the same as a *.bin) then no music tracks are seen by the emulator only the first track that is the game data files, but if a cue file is used or a ccd file, they both do the same thing, the software that reads those is instructed as to what tracks the binary dump has including music tracks
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-November-2015 at 08:31.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just as Zorlon said you are better off with another emu solution in this case its Retroarch.

You on 32 bit or 64 bit windows?

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly...4/RetroArch.7z

That is the latest nightly for win 64

Here is the bios pack

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/in...Emulator_Files

topmoat link that says retroarch.

Il teach you how to set it up via PMs, its not hard trust me.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.