Thread: Unable to wite ps2 game to iso file (.img?)

Thanks

Default Unable to wite ps2 game to iso file (.img?)

So I'm trying to play FFX on pc, downloaded pcsx2

It's been over an hour an I give up... The problem I'm having is the FFX files are .IRX, .IMG and .12 files (largest).

The only supported file of those three IMGburn will write from is the .img. I'm sure I'm missing something really easy.

Wouldn't mind just booting from the disc itself, but am still left with the only file to choose from being the .img.

(Possibility) inserted the pS2 game into a BD-RE Drive (dSmile, could this be the problem? There's another cd rom drive, that I can't figure out how to open, it doesn't appear on under 'this PC'. I know this sounds really amateur, these new pc setups with 'apps' throw me off.

....Thanks!

Ryan

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you own the game you can use imgburn to dump it in iso format.

in PCSX2 you can load the .img file , you can drag & drop it into PCSX2s main window to load it or browse for the file and choose "All Files" in the format dropbox.

Go here for the latest PCSX2 - http://buildbot.orphis.net/
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

@Warrior

That's the problem I keep seeing looking at forums. The problem itself that I'm having is getting it into .iso format

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by stackshady12 View Post
    @Warrior

That's the problem I keep seeing looking at forums. The problem itself that I'm having is getting it into .iso format
    Install isobuster, drag the ccd that came with the img file or drag the img file itself into the isobuster window, in the left window right click on the DVD,extract DVD image, user data, iso , then it should be remade as a iso and run just fine in PCSX2 unless your PC is a junker.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

actually it kind of sounds like the files are the actual game files rather than a disc image

will have a look after my morning shift.. should of downloaded a copy by then to check (My PC does not have a DVD drive in it so can't just look at my copy of the game at the moment)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah well if he has used winrar to extract an archive there's a good chance it is on default settings and he has extracted the contents of the image.
    Should be using 7zip for archives. Winrar might possibly be needed for the odd rar5 archive but I haven't had to use it myself for many years now.
    Inferior compression anyway.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I kinda missed that myself, silly me.

OK well you want this after uninstalling winrar - http://www.7-zip.org/

The one you want is on the top right of the site, the beta build.

Install it after uninstalling winrar.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No harm in keeping both winrar has it's uses still

I like to use both myself still 7-zip for extracting but winrar has much better options for compressing especially when dealing with a lot of files compressed to separate archives otherwise I use 7-zip for compression also, that and you can remove *.iso from the extract list in winrar anyway

IOPRP###.IMG (a type of driver file a module file, the PS2 also uses *.IMG files for images but that is not what this one is)
    several IRX files (driver files)
    SLUS###.## files (the main exec file, if it was a PC game that would be an exe file for this game all the game data is stored here other games have separate data files but this is normal for most Final Fantasy games even on the PSX)
    and a .CNF file (just tells the PS2 what the main exec file is and the region, it's actually a basic text file)
    the above are all the files that should be on the DVD and none of them are a DVD image

You have indeed extracted the the contents of the iso DVD image file instead of extracting the iso image file itself

P.S, the European/Australian version of this game has more in-game content vs the Original Jap version and the US version, it has the same content as the International Jap re-release though... just saying
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-November-2015 at 08:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR