Greetings fellow Retro Gamers.

I was wondering whether you could help me with an issue I've been facing with my - modded - PS1 for a while.

To be more specific, I've burned - following each step of Zorlon's guides (hail Zorlon) - a couple of .bin files on brand new Sony CD's with the lowest possible writing speed of my laptop (1x -> 10x), using ImgBurn.

The resulting backups however, tend to be a bit "temperamental". In other words, the games run ONLY after I've played for a while one of my old backups (10-15 minutes will do the trick).

If I try to launch a new backup right away, the PS prompts me to the "Insert PS Format Disk" screen or the "Memory Card / Audio CD" menu, while the disk stops spinning and restarts after the above screens.

Since all of my old backups run smoothly, I've eliminated the possibility of a laser issue. In addition to that, I've already burned a couple of ISO files with an old (2001) Toshiba Satellite, which supports 4X writing speed, in order eliminate writing speed as an issue as well. The resulting backups tend to follow the aforementioned pattern all the same.

I would like to know if anyone has faced the same issue and if there might be a solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance