Thread: Another MAME "can't run games" thread

Thanks

Default Another MAME "can't run games" thread

So I downloaded MAMEUI 64-bit, downloaded IVplay, it doesn't say I have any files missing for all 3 versions of melty blood act cadenza, also almost all version of guilty gear, yet it says "the game does not work, you will have to wait for the developer to update the game" or something similar.

Am I right in saying that this site supplies rom images and chd files which DO NOT WORK?

I need confirmation, has anyone here got the following to work and if so, HOW!? I got MegaMan power battle to work, it did not need a parent file or a .chd file.

Again, it does NOT say I am missing ANY files, it just says "there are problems with this game" I understand that not all games will work, I don't remember Taz Express working in any situation on any N64 emulator.

But then HOW are there screenshots of these games and why are files supplied, if they don't work? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but at the same time cannot see how. This is what I have spent hours trying to get to work, the MAME version on this site is OLD, so I went and downloaded the new one, hooked that up to IVplay, says no files are missing, but the games are still BROKEN.

Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver B (Rev A) (GDL-0039A) ROM
    Melty_Blood_Act_Cadenza_Ver_B_(GDL-0039)
    Melty Blood Act Cadenza (GDL-0028C) ROM

edit: btw I have the naomi BIOS files where needed, maybe that's with the guilty gear series instead, I get the Naomi splash screen then the program goes to not responding.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not the roms that do not work but rather the emulator that does not yet fully support the roms and chd's

Naomi based games do not run well with MAME anyway look at http://nonmame.retrogames.com/ for alt emulators for the few systems that run much better outside of MAME's emulation

Though for Naomi you might want to look at NullDC Naomi or demul, though from what I remember you may need a different rom format to work on those emulators it's been a while since I looked to be honest as most the Naomi games got Dreamcast ports that is very much based on Naomi hardware kind of a home console version of it and play on my Dreamcast more than emulating it, the emulator that site mentioned is for Android though there is a windows port you do need the devolers tools not just the runtime version (C++ I think it was, could be wrong it's been a while since I looked)

Screen grabs can be done via various ways I have tons Xbox grabs but the Xbox is not emulated to any point that in-game shots can be taken but I have capture hardware that can take that directly from the console (Arcade cab make it a little more complicated but it is still doable with arcade hardware to capture directly on a PC), it may also just be the case that you need to go into the Naomi bios to set it up first before it will run at all or shots could be taken from one of the Naomi emulators like demul

Tab then look at the dip switches or try starting the rom normally then hit F2 or possibly 9

EDIT It just works though at 15% to a 25% of the speed (that is with a 3.80 GHz quad core CPU [it's an AMD if that makes any difference]) so takes it's time to get there (low spec CPU's may just freeze up the emulator as it runs out of resources to run on), try one of the emulators I mentioned though if you want to play it at a playable state/play it period.

MAME itself does not have setting that make or break a game it just comes as is with the exception of a few games that need bios or dip switch tweaks to get x game running but this is not one of those games
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-October-2015 at 20:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR