Thread: Is there a way to combine ISO files?

Thanks

Default Is there a way to combine ISO files?

So, I've just ripped my SSBB game using clean rip from my wii. It's currently split in five separate .iso
    I'm not too well versed on the hacking scene, so I'm not sure if there's a way to make it just one ISO or if I have to keep them in the same folder.
    I've searched different videos to see if there is a way to combine them, but to no avail. They're using files they've downloaded from online and each file is archived in .rar format.
    All they do is extract one file and say the entire game should be able to play properly, however my files were never archived so I'm confused with what I'm suppose to do.

[So I won't have to start a different thread: How can I play my Wii backups from homebrew channel?]

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Copy all the files into one folder then try using 7-zip to open the first part via a PC (7-zip joins (still called extract) as well as extracts archived files aka compressed)

Let me know if the above does not work though

From the Homebrew channel you don't, just install a USB loader or better yet use ModMii that will install a USB loader forwarder then you just need a USB loader dol file but ModMii will sort that out anyway that can be replaced with any USB loader you want to use, my preference was USB LoaderGX but others have gone for WiiFlow, so that is totally up to you what you want to use

Best media to use for ISO files is HDD via USB
    Second best is USB flash storage (USB Stick and SD card read though a SD to USB adaptor or even something like a phone or PSP read through USB all those use Flash memory), compat is a little lower than USB HDD though
    Third is SD card but the SD slot is slower than both internal Nand and a bit slower than retail discs (although it supports SDHC it does not support the speeds those can be read)
    Worst is DVD-R or +R as the drive reads burned media slower than retail discs and will cause lag with alot of games

P.S. ModMii will also make sure you have all the up to date and correctly hacked Wii drivers or cios files

Only things extra you will want after ModMii are a more up to date USBLoader as it will only look at certain loaders that are in the stable list so no over night builds that have a few extra features worth using and you will want a good GameCube loader if you want to play those, additionally you may want to use Virtual Nand that will require a few extra steps but easy enough to do at the end of the day as long as you have kept a Nand backup

EDIT:- Moved from Everything Emulation that is for PC users to Everything Console that is for Console users including emulating other systems on that console

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've been at this for quite some time, so I already have the latter on my wii.
    I'm unsure what to do from 7-zip, however. When I press open it opens the "cyberlink power2go" program on my computer and opens a prompt for me to burn the iso onto a disk.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You just preedefined what iso files open with directly

So open 7-zip first and open the file with in 7-zip

EDIT you may need to rename the files extension

If you can't see that then you will need to change your folder setting to show it

For Windows 10 (make sure no files are selected) click on File then Change search and folder options then click the View tab in the new window that pops up, from there you should see a checked option called Hide extensions of known file types remove that tick and hit Apply then OK

Once you can see them make sure all the files share the same same name with different extensions starting with .001 and continue with .002 for the second file and .003 ect ect for the rest of the files, this will allow for 7-zip to combine the files into a single iso file, if you open the first part it should be reflected in the file size of the containing file, hat should be the same size as all the files joined together, from there you should be able to extract that file from the split files

Game.001 Game.002 Game.003 ect ect ect should be what the files are named

EDIT again you may need to add .iso to whatever is extracted
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-September-2015 at 08:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've tried. I highlight target file, the press the file drop menu scroll over 7-zip and press open archive. It promptly tells me "Can not open file [file] as archive. I've also tried pressing open inside, but nothing happens.

EDIT I just read your edit, I'll try that right now.
    Last edited by Sir_Umbreon; 13th-September-2015 at 08:06.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try what my edit says..

The other method I can think of off the top of my head is via DOS or a Command Prompt

copy /b File1 + File2 FileC

File1 being the first file File2 being the next file, you can repeat that for as many files as there are (Make sure you include the files extensions when you use that command)

FileC is the output file that will be a combination of the other files just make sure the file extension is .iso when you set that command away

See previous post on how to show file extensions
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-September-2015 at 08:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I was able to do it from 7-zip. Just took me a while to realize I had to remove .iso from the file extension. Thank you for helping.
    One last question. What folder do I put it in to load it on the wii?
    Last edited by Sir_Umbreon; 13th-September-2015 at 08:19.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/

Not only will it copy the file to the correct folder it also removed junk from the iso (none game data is removed all Wii games have junk data to completely fill a standard size DVD disc or Dual Layer disc for the few that got released on dual layer) this allows you to fit more games on your HDD or other media

P.S. I was at work when you asked

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Alright, thank you so much for the help.

And don't worry about it. I'm a patient guy.