Thread: Mame Pong not working

Thanks

Default Mame Pong not working

Hi guys,

I just downloaded Pong for Mame and it seems not to be working. I do the following (As I did with all games previously downloaded) --> Download zip file, drop zip file into the ROMS folder, go to c://...../Mame and enter "Mame Pong". When I do this with the other games (typing Mame NameofGame) they work correctly. This one just shows a list of files, as if I typed "Dir".

Can anybody help me? Many thanks! Pepperland2015

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

First do yourself a favor and grab a gui version of MAME like MAMEUI, you can get both 32bit and 64bit versions from http://www.progettosnaps.net/mameui/ or just use the gui front end instead (IV Play) from http://www.mameui.info/

then see if the problem is still there, if so check the game via the gui, right click the game for more options including auditing the rom that will make sure the files for the game are not only all there but checks they are also correct without corruption

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR