Thread: PSP 6.61 Question and Custom Firmware

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PSP 6.61 Question and Custom Firmware

Does upgrading from 6.60 to 6.61 stop any emulators, ISOs or custom made PS1 games from working? I know there's no real point to upgrading to 6.61 and you could probably just downgrade somehow, but someone asked me today and I had to tell them I had no idea

Thanks for any answers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

6.61 OFW was just an update for online crap afaik, I don't think any of the recent (there were 2 or something like that?) titles actually need it.
    I don't know if there are any 6.61 CFW

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

6.61 me-2.3 the best cfw

Thanks
    EP Points

So would upgrading render custom stuff from 6.60 non-working or not? I think that was the bit that confused me, but I guess if the update changes literally ONLY some online features then I guess it wouldn't affect other stuff at all.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You best bet would be to check Wololo, they have all the information you need regarding PSP hacking/CFW/plugins/etc.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I would just test Brandish and the other title (can't remember what it was now) to see if they work on 6.60 CFW. If they work then changing anything atm is rather pointless.

I think there are only 2 recent titles.

Spoiler warning:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The two titles that came out during OFW 6.61 is Brandish and Yugioh ARC V Tag Force Special, they do not require 6.61 to run, its just a last ditch attempt to stop the games from getting pirated on PSN, didn't work

Only reason I want to upgrade my CFW to 6.61 is to be able to play online, not much else to it unless you want DLC.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah so I suggest having two PSPs or just not upgrading, JUST in case 6.61 stops anything working. That was what advice I had in mind before I asked but it's always worth checking huh

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can always downgrade

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR