Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo vs EA

Thanks

Nintendo knows hardware and games. EA thinks it knows games, but it only knows Shovelware. EA needs to let Nintendo deal with the games and hardware and Nintendo isn't gonna barge into Shovelware any time soon (by which i mean, never)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No offense....but why does this thread exist?

Seems stupid if you asked me, mainly because EA and Nintendo worked together on many, many things.

It's not like they'll totally disregard past partnerships with Nintendo because of a botched negotiation.
    Last edited by Sheik; 10th-August-2012 at 19:50.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger Boy View Post
    Nintendo knows hardware and games. EA thinks it knows games, but it only knows Shovelware. EA needs to let Nintendo deal with the games and hardware and Nintendo isn't gonna barge into Shovelware any time soon (by which i mean, never)
    *sigh*

Just because EA produces Madden does not mean their devs do not make good games. Take the Mass Effect series or the Burnout games. You also seem to be under the illusion that Nintendo doesn't release shovelware. Go look into the many Pokemon spinoffs to find some serious low grade shit, like Dash and Hey You Pikachu, the latter witch almost never worked.

Thanks

Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Burnout are the exceptions to the EA rule, and those spinoffs like Tingles Rosey Rupee Land and such (late night on Wikipedia looking up the Zelda franchise) are the exception to the Nintendo Rule

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    *sigh*

Just because EA produces Madden does not mean their devs do not make good games. Take the Mass Effect series or the Burnout games. You also seem to be under the illusion that Nintendo doesn't release shovelware. Go look into the many Pokemon spinoffs to find some serious low grade shit, like Dash and Hey You Pikachu, the latter witch almost never worked.
    EA doesn't develop Dragon age or Mass Effect, Bioware does, EA just produces it. EA really doesn't make that good of games on their own.
    Last edited by ShadowsofCreation; 10th-August-2012 at 22:04.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger Boy View Post
    Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Burnout are the exceptions to the EA rule, and those spinoffs like Tingles Rosey Rupee Land and such (late night on Wikipedia looking up the Zelda franchise) are the exception to the Nintendo Rule

Reality doesn't exist for you does it?

here's a list of published and developed games by EA. Maybe you should have a look as many have done quite well that haven't made your little list there Bub.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nic_Arts_games

Edit: why the hell am I even getting into this?

/runs away.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Reality doesn't exist for you does it?

here's a list of published and developed games by EA. Maybe you should have a look as many have done quite well that haven't made your little list there Bub.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nic_Arts_games

Edit: why the hell am I even getting into this?

/runs away.
    OK FINE!

EA makes some good games.

but the ones released every year are shovelware (Madden, EA Baseball, EA Sports titles, etc)

Thanks

Just for reference since we are arguing if EA Makes good games or not, I will take the list and point out the games that EA actually DEVELOPS, not just produces.

Battlefield series - Actually made by EA
    Burnout series - Made by Criterion Games, only one game was developed by EA
    Command & Conquer series - Originally By Westwood Studios, has been developed by EA between 2003-Present
    Crysis series - Developed by Crytek NOT EA
    Dead Space series - Originally EA Games, now made by Visceral Games, Produced by EA
    Dragon Age series - Made by Bioware, not EA
    FIFA series - Developer EA Sports
    Fight Night series - Developed by EA Sports
    Harry Potter series - No Longer Relevant as the Series is over
    Madden NFL series - Developer is High Score Entertainment/ EA Sports
    Mass Effect series Made by Bioware NOT EA
    Medal of Honor series - Crap load of Developers, about half of which are EA
    NBA Live series - Developed by EA Sports
    NCAA Football series Developed by EA Sports
    Need for Speed series - Developed by several companies, almost all of which are EA
    NHL series - Developed by EA Sports
    Rockband Series - Developed by Harmonix NOT EA
    SimCity series - Developed by Maxis, published by EA
    The Sims series - Developed by Maxis and The Sim's Studio, published by EA
    Skate series - Developed by EA Black Box
    SSX series - developed by EA Sports Big

So Basically, with the exception of Medal of Honor, Command and Conquer and the battlefield series all EA does is sports games.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsofCreation View Post
    So Basically, with the exception of Medal of Honor, Command and Conquer and the battlefield series all EA does is sports games.
    Even then, just flat out saying "sports games suck because I don't play them" but not in those words isn't a valid argument, or even a good argument if it was valid.
    Know why (just saying, it isn't personally directed at anyone), the games are still produced, making more money than the last time they were made.

Buuut this thread is a bit off, it was supposed to discuss the actions that EA took up after being denied by Nintendo, not flat out say the company is a pile of horse shit and their games suck too because,......because.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Even then, just flat out saying "sports games suck because I don't play them" but not in those words isn't a valid argument, or even a good argument if it was valid.
    Know why (just saying, it isn't personally directed at anyone), the games are still produced, making more money than the last time they were made.

Buuut this thread is a bit off, it was supposed to discuss the actions that EA took up after being denied by Nintendo, not flat out say the company is a pile of horse shit and their games suck too because,......because.
    I guess the way I typed it did make it seem slanted. I really don't play much of anything that EA makes.. not because I don't like the company or their games are crap.. I just haven't really played them ^^' (With the excpetion of Dead Space, Dragon Age and a couple of the PS2 Need for Speed Games). My point was more to point out to people the difference between Developer and Publisher because a lot of people seem to not get it. EA just has a habit of making sure their label is far bigger on the box than the people who actually MADE the game. I wanted people to actually be able to be knowledgable about their arguements as to whether or not 'EA puts out bad games'. Regardless of that however, I hate their business practices x.x.

Thanks
    EP Points

EA is a publisher, not a developer. They have some developing studios (which they had bought at some point) but still their main focus is publishing other developer's games.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I guess the way I typed it did make it seem slanted. I really don't play much of anything that EA makes.. not because I don't like the company or their games are crap.. I just haven't really played them ^^' (With the excpetion of Dead Space, Dragon Age and a couple of the PS2 Need for Speed Games). My point was more to point out to people the difference between Developer and Publisher because a lot of people seem to not get it. EA just has a habit of making sure their label is far bigger on the box than the people who actually MADE the game. I wanted people to actually be able to be knowledgable about their arguements as to whether or not 'EA puts out bad games'. Regardless of that however, I hate their business practices x.x.
    If you look at big business in general, acquiring smaller companies isn't an unusual practice....and EA has been around for a long time.
    I don't think it matters that they don't develop all of their games, because they influence much of what they control.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

EA doesn't develop Dragon age or Mass Effect, Bioware does, EA just produces it. EA really doesn't make that good of games on their own.
    Which is a dev group owned by them.

EA is a publisher. They also own developers in-house. Nintendo does the exact same thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    How about trying to play it instead of just hating by default because it's an EA game.

BTW: you're way off.
    If you cannot read the comment objectively instead of assuming I'm hating it, then perhaps you shouldn't bother commenting. I don't hate it. I don't know it. What I do know is what I've constantly read and been told by people, that mining gets incredibly tedious and annoying for many players and that they hated the end of the third game, and that is all I said.
    You being upset about it isn't justified here.
    I'm only going by quotes I've heard from people I know and reviewers. I guess they're way off, too? I'm not making a judgment. I simply don't care.
    I also do not hate E.A.
    They make some shitty games, and they make some good games. *shrug*
    The same goes for Nintendo. They sometimes do well, and they sometimes don't.
    Meh. Don't confuse apathy for hatred, though. They are not synonyms.
    Last edited by Necrovarium; 11th-August-2012 at 15:46.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Necrovarium View Post
    I'm only going by quotes I've heard from people I know and reviewers. I guess they're way off, too? I'm not making a judgment. I simply don't care.
    same.

Necro, do you play Epicduel?