Thread: Problem using ChunkastAlpha025

Thanks

Default Problem using ChunkastAlpha025

Hello. I have a problem. I am trying to play mortal kombat gold, using ChunkastAlpha025 emulator. I click the .exe, a window appears. After that, i click options->configure drive->F(because i used deamon tools on MK gold file) run and then start. After 5 seconds or so it tells me that "ChunkastAlpha025 has stopped working".. any help please? I'm a first time emulator

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/emuhelp.png/

i also have a youtube link in which it worked for him, i will post it if anyone requests..
    Last edited by cristian1313; 6th-December-2011 at 19:04.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wow people still trying to use that

NullDC is the way to go nowerdays

But if you realy want help running Chankast you need to provide a lil more info as to your comp specs... or just go with NullDC

NullDC Naomi is an arcade emu so just go with the normal version of NullDC that is a Dreamcast emu

P.S. you may need a slight different bios image for NullDC though

http://code.google.com/p/nulldc/

My old bios sets I have both Chankast and NullDC versions of the bios in that pack though I do forget what is for what but just extract that in that same folder as NullDC and keep the directory structure

P.P.S. Not sure if MKGold is even compatible with emulation of the Dreamcast some games just won't work in emulation for the Dreamcast (Personly I don't emulate Dreamcast unless I'm testing out a hack or something as I own the Console, that requires no mod chip or hacking)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-December-2011 at 21:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Even if i get NullDc i still don't know how to use it or even configure it. I can't seem to understand any tutorials also.what i want to play is a .CDI file. I open it with deamon tools, after that, whem i click on the CDrom i just get a sound playlist. I found on a site that you need ChunkastAlpha to make the game work. After i failed with that I just came here for some help adjusting the program.. I will use any emulator i need to to make the game work.. i jsut want to paly it

Here is the youtube link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y43_6ZhsfRI

edit: Strange.. it does the same at nulldc 1.6.. it sais it stopped working.. even with your bios set
    Last edited by cristian1313; 6th-December-2011 at 14:30.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the way Daemon tools reads the disc is fine and it's normal for it just to let you listen to the CDDA tracks, these are not your standard data/cdda disc they are multi session discs (done like that so it is self bootable on real hardware)

If you wanted though you can use a lil prog called ISObuster and read the virtual D-Tools drive with that and it will show you that it does have a data track and it has more that one session

Anyway onto the propper help

Try just running the bios in NullDC (Normal Boot > No disk) also you don't require D-Tools with that one you can just run the games directly but.. make sure the game is not mounted in D-Tools though before you do that or it will crash out

I do strongly recomend against using Chankast though it was the best in it's day (not that long realy ) it was never that good to start with and soon lost out to NullDC

As for the setup just keep the default setup for now, tweeking can be done later

P.S. for more help I will need to know your system specs it may just be that your system can not handle these emulators at all, thats why I asked for them that and the likes of Chankast won't work correctly on a dual core system unless you tweek how it runs on your system, but like I said it's old and outdated now anyway

Another thing you can do though is make sure you have the latest C++ and dotnet Distribution packs from good olde Microsoft.

I recomend if you have a 64bit OS you get both the x86 (32bit) & the x64 (64bit) versions (install the x86 version first though then the x64 version, just to make sure everything installs OK)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
    .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributables

If you don't have the latest of these, that can be one reason that would would get a not responding error that or you just have a realy very slow system or you have a nasty virus

Also get NullDC from
    http://code.google.com/p/nulldc/downloads/list

I have no idea what version you have but there is no 1.6 version the latest version is nullDC 1.0.4 r136
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-December-2011 at 18:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Display Memory: 256 MB

D3D Status: Enabled

That's about it if you need any more info just tell me. I get a new error while using chunkast http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/newerrorb.png/
    But i get the same error as before while using NullDC
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/nulldc.png/

Also, i installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package but .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributables doesn't install.. it gives me an error: "You have to turn widnows themes on or off befor you install this program" or something like that...
    Last edited by cristian1313; 6th-December-2011 at 19:00.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Get the latest version of NullDC before desiding it's not working

NullDC Builds require the Visual C++ 2010 and DirectX 9c Runtimes. (you should have Direct X 11 it comes with Win7)

You should have the requirements now but you are using an old version of NullDC 1.0.0 beta 1.6 the latest is 1.0.4 Revision 136 (thats 136 revisions of just 1.0.4 so as you can imagine you have a very out of date version that may need different resorces)

Yeah and just drop Chankast it's not made to work on a dual core system

Your laptop is almost the same as mine so I can tell you that you should be able to run NullDC if a little slow on those specs but it will run

The problem is to do with your system rather than the emu

Also you may need to reset for the C++ to install correctly, I don't remember off-hand I tend to just make sure I keep up to date with things like this
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-December-2011 at 20:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeeeh!!! IT works!! PERFECTLY! Thank you so much for your help

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/workiiing.png/
    Last edited by cristian1313; 6th-December-2011 at 19:47.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cristian1313 View Post
    Yeeeh!!! IT works!! PERFECTLY! Thank you so much for your help

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/workiiing.png/
    No problem, happy to help

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]