Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Dolphin and WinZip

Thanks

Ok, I downloaded Version 3.204 64-bit for windows. When I double click on it in the downloads pane, it says "windows cannot open file" and some other blah blah blah. Then it tries to find a program that can open it. I told it to open the file with 7zip, and it did. So now I have a 7zip window with "license.txt, www.dolphin-emulator.com notepad, Dolphin.exe, DSPTool.exe, cg.dll, cgGL.dll, SDL.dll" files in it (after each comma is a different file.) I double clicked on "Dolphin.exe" and I get an error box saying "The program can't start because VCOMP100.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Does this mean to re-download Dolphin 3.204? Or did I mess up somewhere else?

Thanks
    EP Points

Extract all files into a folder first, then run the "Dolphin.exe" from there.

The error you got is related to direct x and C++.. are you sure you have already update both?

Thanks

i extracted all the files into a new folder. I still got the error message when I tried to run "Dolphin.exe". I downloaded them from the links that were posted, and ran both the installers. I'll do it again though (I have some program called "Microsoft visual c++ 2010 express", if that helps...)

Alright. I tried to download the Direct-X and it said that I already have a newer version installed, so I assume thats good. And I went to download the C++ link, and it said to repair the program or remove it, so I clicked repair. After thats all done, I still get that error message when I try to run Dolphin.exe from the folder...
    Last edited by meganova; 4th-December-2011 at 10:57. Reason: double post merge, please use the EDIT button

Thanks
    EP Points

Wait, which OS did you use? I assume it was x64 since you're using the x64 version of the emulator..
    If yes, then you have to download this version of C++.

Restart after that, and hopefully that may fix the problem.

Thanks

Ok, that fixed the error box messages. Now I can open "dolphin 3.0-2.04-dirty" (thats what it says across the top of the window). And when I try to open the .gcm file I get another window pop up that says "AMD Phenom(tm) II N640 Dual Core Processor. AuthenticAMD, 2 cores, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 64-bit support. *Folder I extracted the .gcm file to*. Clearing code cache. Dolphin Direct3D9 Video Backend. Clearing code cache."

Thanks

When I Encounter Problems Like Missing .DLL Files, Don't you think it would be kinda a no brainer to just download that said .dll and place it in the folder it's SUPPOSED to be in? Well, What i Think Is Different From What you Guys Think.... aperantly...

EDIT: you should always be sure to state your os version, And which version of the emu. that you downloaded, lol.
    Last edited by NinjaMasterfar; 5th-December-2011 at 00:20. Reason: Didn't read post through, sorry!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMasterfar View Post
    When I Encounter Problems Like Missing .DLL Files, Don't you think it would be kinda a no brainer to just download that said .dll and place it in the folder it's SUPPOSED to be in? Well, What i Think Is Different From What you Guys Think.... aperantly...

EDIT: you should always be sure to state your os version, And which version of the emu. that you downloaded, lol.
    That would be the worst thing you can do and can mess your system up to some extent the best thing you can do is install the the driver packs correctly as it's not just files but also includes reg entries and other linked dll files and software, usually they are part of C++ and or DotNet packs both are free aswell

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR