Thread: SSF 0.12 beta R2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Thanks

Default SSF 0.12 beta R2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Hi everyone, I downloaded a copy of the US version of UMK3 for Saturn to try out on the SSF emulator (0.12 beta r2) and I can't run it at all!

When I try to run it (mounting it on my virtual drive from daemon tools as I always do) I get the following message: _DriveStatus_Play() error. Fatal error

I have an "Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3" iso, 2 cue files (one for MP3 called Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (MP3).cue and another one for wav called Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (WAV).cue) and about 95 .mp3 files (ranging from 2 to 96), I can't seem to mount any of the 2 cue files no matter what I do, so the error I get above is when I try to mount the .iso file.

I was wondering if it's like the SEGA CD games where all the mp3 files and iso files have to be called "track" (track 01-05 for example)? I don't want to change anything right now just in case.

All the files are called Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 without any changes on font or caps or anything...is there any way I can run this? I've tried the European version that I got from here but the music doesn't play and the colors look totally wrong (and in the select fighter screen half of them are invisible).

PS: I know there's the arcade version for mame and I already have that...but I've seen people playing this one before on SSF without problems and I want to try out the differences (I'm a huge MK fan!)...

Supreme Warrior Guest

try Mounting the wave Cue and remaking the image in imgburn , make it a cue/bin and it should work fine.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Convert all the mp3's to wav's then do the above post

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    try Mounting the wave Cue and remaking the image in imgburn , make it a cue/bin and it should work fine.
    Tried that, it gives me the same error...

Supreme Warrior Guest

guess il go get my image and give it a try to see if it does it to me.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Moonfrost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    Tried that, it gives me the same error...
    Convert all the mp3 files into wav files first then try the above

I do mean convert not rename

If you don't know of any converting software try LameDrop I think it was, install and then drag and drop all those mp3's onto it

Edit:- LameDropXPd

MP3's are used just to make the download much smaller but can't be used directly like that in most software so need converting back into WAVE format *.wav to be usable, you don't realy need to convert those into a bin+cue, once you have all your *.wav files instead of *.mp3 you can mount the WAVE cue in Daemon Tools and boot up SSF, and the game will then either just work or will show a message saying this disc is not designed for this system, if you get the error message then just change the region settings and then ok it and finally restert the emu.

ISObuster may be optn the mp3 cue sheet directly but I don't remember off the top of my head, but that software can convert to bin+cue directly
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-November-2011 at 06:48.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Convert all the mp3 files into wav files first then try the above

I do mean convert not rename

If you don't know of any converting software try LameDrop I think it was, install and then drag and drop all those mp3's onto it

Edit:- LameDropXPd

MP3's are used just to make the download much smaller but can't be used directly like that in most software so need converting back into WAVE format *.wav to be usable, you don't realy need to convert those into a bin+cue, once you have all your *.wav files instead of *.mp3 you can mount the WAVE cue in Daemon Tools and boot up SSF, and the game will then either just work or will show a message saying this disc is not designed for this system, if you get the error message then just change the region settings and then ok it and finally restert the emu.

ISObuster may be optn the mp3 cue sheet directly but I don't remember off the top of my head, but that software can convert to bin+cue directly
    I know about converting, that's basically what I did with both the ISO and the MP3s (converted them to wav, tested them and they work), none of this seems to work...I checked the (wav) cue sheet with notepad and it expected every track to be named track 02 and so on so I renamed them all and also checked the part where it said "Track 01.iso" to "Track 01.bin" and daemon tools still wouldn't let me mount the cue, it always says the file is inaccessible.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You don't need to do anything to the ISO that should of been left as it was, left as a *.iso file

But link me to the game and I shall download and test it for you

While I'm testing though I recomend you grab ISObuster and try that instead, if it can open it then you can save to bin+cue format with that

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Supreme Warrior Guest

dont worry,

all you need is either a Darkwater image (basic pure dump)
    or a TOSEc image (iso+Wave+Cue) Tosec you can either just mount in deamon or make into a new Bin/cue.

il go find a image for ya.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You don't need to do anything to the ISO that should of been left as it was, left as a *.iso file

But link me to the game and I shall download and test it for you

While I'm testing though I recomend you grab ISObuster and try that instead, if it can open it then you can save to bin+cue format with that
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner, had a LOT of issues with it, I was going to give you the download link thinking I had saved it but it seems I hadn't, so yeah.
    Mounting the wav cue sheet now makes daemon tools freeze and restarting the computer didn't help, so I had to go into safe mode twice to uninstall daemon tools (because I couldn't close it from the task manager either) and then re-install again.

If I successfully mount the cue (it only happened twice or so) SSF will try to start but it freezes and the window never goes to its normal size (only the top can be seen, and I can only close it from task manager).

When I try mounting the iso by itself it shows the sega screen, but after that I get the same error again...I'm thinking of deleting it and be done with it!

It's unfortunate they only have the European version here on emuparadise (which I've tried and doesn't emulate well, looks like crap) otherwise I would have downloaded it from here...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

thats often just an issue in the ISO that can be fixed with CDMage, it will just be either 1 or 2 sector errors, very minor very easy to fix

for more info see my sticky about SSF http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?67974 I solved this issue a lil while back for another user, might be worth doing the same thing with every Saturn game you get as this is a common issue

You may also want to take off the auto mount on start up option in DTools so you don't get stuck in the same loop
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-November-2011 at 22:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Thanks to user "Supreme Warrior" I have a working US image now which works perfectly! any mods that see this can close this now!