Thread: 3DS Ambassador Games

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default 3DS Ambassador Games

Has anyone managed to get their Ambassador games yet? When I go onto the E Shop, it tells me that the software isn't available. This is pissing me off, since Nintendo said they would give the games to us on the first, and it is now (in America anyway) very close to being the 3rd. I checked again recently, and it said the same thing. All ten games are there, plus the Ambassador ticket, but none of them are downloadable. Is it just me, or is everyone having this problem??

As for when we DO get them, or if anyone has managed to get them, what do you think of them? I can't offer any input at this time... #
    - Lots of cliché pictures, "cards" and quotes here -
    - Random GIF image here -
    - Custom user graphic here -

Thanks
    EP Points

I got them. And I find it strange you say that you've read that they aren't available. Where did you read this?

Anyway. They did it in a very roundabout way, so I can't blame you for your confusion. Here's how it goes:

1. Log on to eShop.
    2. Go to Settings/Other.
    3. Go to Your Downloads.
    4. Scroll down until you see them and press Redownload on each.
    5. Enjoy.

There's only the NES games for now, though. The GBA games won't be out for a bit.

Mega Man Legends 3 Fan Project!
    We're back, baby. I'd love if someone could help me read this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I got 'em on August 31st.

If you haven't done this yet, give it a try. Otherwise I'm not sure what to tell you.

1. On your home screen, tap on the eShop icon to connect to the online store.
    2. Once in the shop, scroll to the far left and select “Settings/Other.” It’s the last icon on the left side.
    3. Scroll down until you see “Your Downloads” — tap on that option with your stylus.
    4. From here, you need to download the free old-school games individually. To see what’s available, go back to “Settings/Other,” tap on “My Downloads” to grab the titles you like.

Note: The free games are denoted by a “Redownload” button (otherwise it just looks like a long list of content you have downloaded since you’ve been using your 3DS).

Source: ZD, with a little editing to get rid of some completely worthless information.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyberxion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, I know how to get them. Let me type out the steps I'm following (straight from support.nintendo.com, I might add):

1. Open the E-Shop
    2. Go to Settings / Other
    3. Account Activity
    NOTE: I just looked in My Downloads, and there they are complete with Redownload button. Thanks, cyber.)
    4. Tap Metroid
    5. Where button should be, it says "This title is not available" or something of the like.

Anyway, I was confused because I thought if they were in the My Downloads list, they would be at the top. I guess not. Thanks for letting me know I was looking in the wrong place...

Well then, time to discuss. I have to say, what do you think of them making it so darned hard to download these things? XD

Is everyone enjoying the games so far? Have you found any bugs in the emulator, or did they work on it long enough? I can't wait for the GBA games, myself.
    - Lots of cliché pictures, "cards" and quotes here -
    - Random GIF image here -
    - Custom user graphic here -

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I love the ambassador games, I play bits and pieces of them everyday. I may get them on my emulator too. But only some GBA games that I don't really wanna cheat on. (I tend to cheat when using an emulator lol.=P)

Thanks

I was hoping they'd initially be stretched, but have a 1x1 resolution like the GB virtual console games with a picture of a TV around the game or something. The only reason I say this is because the native resolution for GB games has 3D compatibility and actually pushes the screen back. Oddly enough, it makes the game 100% more appealing. I was hoping they'd do the same for these.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fugsnarf View Post
    I was hoping they'd initially be stretched, but have a 1x1 resolution like the GB virtual console games with a picture of a TV around the game or something. The only reason I say this is because the native resolution for GB games has 3D compatibility and actually pushes the screen back. Oddly enough, it makes the game 100% more appealing. I was hoping they'd do the same for these.
    I was hoping the same thing.. Before loading up SMB(which is the first game I downloaded and tested to see if my eyes deceived me on August 31 at 4:30 AM) I held select and start to see if it would change.