Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FF9 Iso 'hiccup'?

Thanks
    EP Points

see that button in the left hand corner that says thanks? click that
    also as zorlon said upload a save state and we can try to help you
    Last edited by Bennieboi20; 25th-June-2011 at 13:42.
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennieboi20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey again!

Soz for late reply, but here is the download-links for the two save-state files needed to start up the save which leads to the black error screen on my epsxe:

- Main file: http://www.mediafire.com/?2h96i368ie3hhrg

- Support file: http://www.mediafire.com/?at2mt5pn0eytfbe

Load the save-state on slot 4, thats the one just before the scene-change. If u get past it please save over the old slot 4 and resend

If this doesn't work I'm uploading the memcards aswell so when you reach a moogle just do a normal save - Save in slot 2 over the 10th save, the 1st one is a friends save

- http://www.mediafire.com/?62lrrmekdmb9b9r (dont know if its no1 or 2)
    - http://www.mediafire.com/?1d76k1ua1vb7ug1 (dont know if its no1 or 2 either)

Much appreciated!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Forgot it was a diff place and a diff CD but I will download CD2 now.... any help as to wtf I should be doing when I load your memcard save... all a save state will do is reproduse your crash... but I will give it a quick test as I do have diff hardware

Just walk me through your game untill the crash out < I need this because I have no interest in the game itself not my thing I never got past CD 1 lol

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hey Zorlorn!

Yeah, its cd2, and the save state should appear at slot 4 in the epsxe "run" option. The save is precisely before the screen issue so no need for walkthrough there.

About what you should do if you get past the 1st screen where the save appears is watch the short animation movie ofc and then do a new save-state, which you just can upload and give me a link. But if that doesn't work you need to walk right into the big tree ahead of you and keep running through the screen-rooms until you see a moogle. If you happen to come across any enemies, just use the flee ability Eearez has (the blond dude) if you dont know how to use FF9's gameplay. If you happen not to get Earez to activate 1st just wait for his green bar to fill up and scroll to his attack bar. Also you might have to explore the walls which has sand running out of it and trigger a sand event before you can reach the moogle, but I dont remember in detail where. (if you see chests you can collect them aswell )

BTW, a moogle is white with "^^" on its face and has a red ball on its head, just use the save option and save over the 10th save in memcard slot 2. I'm wathing this thread pretty often so if you wonder anything I'll reply soon. (btw didnt notice your post this morning, was late to answer.)

Thanks for taking your time
    Last edited by Morthul; 28th-June-2011 at 13:25.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm still a bit lost as to what I am sposed to be doing here

ePSXe001 is memcard 2 by the way it has 2 saves on it pos 01 and 10

I load in the 01 save from memcard 2... the first save is just outside a small wood that happens to be the black mage village that once Iside have no idea what to do I got some sort of event that I skipped all the text to but after all that there seems to be nothing else to do there

I load in the 10 save from memcard 2... I seem to be at a tram place waiting for it to come after activating an event I end up riding it then outside a gate that I go through back on to the over world map

What am I looking at here using memcard saves not the save state that does not work as it just reproduced the bug that you got

EDIT:- off to bed now
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-June-2011 at 21:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey again,

So basically you've tried to load the save-state I sent and got the same issue as I did ? (You got a black screen and cant get past it) And if thats the case I can only do one thing, replay from the 10th save you saw since I never used a memcard after that to save my game.

Thanks for trying

Thanks
    EP Points

would you like me to try, i havent completed the game yet im on the final disc but i can try for you if you wish?
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Morthul View Post
    Hey again,

So basically you've tried to load the save-state I sent and got the same issue as I did ? (You got a black screen and cant get past it) And if thats the case I can only do one thing, replay from the 10th save you saw since I never used a memcard after that to save my game.

Thanks for trying
    Yeah that would be great, it's a known fact if you use a savestate and anything goes wrong you are stuck because changing any settings then reloading a savestate just reverts all the settings to what was used when the savestate was created

So I kinda knew it was not going to work but thought I would try for you anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Hey bennieboi,

By all means are you welcome to try, would save me to redo some work i've prob lost. And thnx again Zorlorn. The worst part is the error screen seemes to be totally random, could happen anytime. Paranoia will guide my rate of memcard saves :p