Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the game that pissed you off the most?

Thanks

Final Fantasy XIII. Probably the biggest disappointment for me ever since I was so hyped for it. Just that fact that it's getting a sequel is driving me crazy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    I hope whoever made Jinpachi dies in a fire, made Tekken 5's arcade unplayable for me.
    Keep just out of stomping distance, sidestep overpowered fireball, step in, juggle the shit out of him, step back, repeat

Jinpachi seems tough, but his moves are fairly telegraphed, and quite a few are easy to stuff before he even gets the chance to use em. The things that'll get you are mostly the stomp, thanks to the heavy stun, and the fireball, thanks to the whole "takes out half your lifebar" thing and his tendency to spam the hell out of em.

But as soon as he shoots one of those fireballs (and doesn't decide to go rapid fire), its your best opening to rush in and beat him to a pulp.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If only I was good.

My issue is that it took me forever to get another Tekken game in my collection, so I was rusty. I usually use Arcade mode to train and for the sake of gaining some cash for extras (Fuck that shitty beat-em up mode). Jinpachi makes that impossible, he keeps kicking my ass when I reach the end and I can't train properly. I am aware of training mode, but I've never trained that way with my fighters because it usually bores me. I prefer training by playing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Metal Slug series
    Not actually pissing me off, but hey, think about this:
    -You got a shotgun. "YIPPPEEE!!! DIE!DIE!DIE!". That's when you didn't realize that an enemy was jump-stabbing you.
    or
    -"Come down here, ya stupid PoW."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    If only I was good.

My issue is that it took me forever to get another Tekken game in my collection, so I was rusty. I usually use Arcade mode to train and for the sake of gaining some cash for extras (Fuck that shitty beat-em up mode). Jinpachi makes that impossible, he keeps kicking my ass when I reach the end and I can't train properly. I am aware of training mode, but I've never trained that way with my fighters because it usually bores me. I prefer training by playing.
    Yeah, a lot of people find training mode boring... Mostly what I used to do in that mode was take a tour all the way through a character's movelist so that I would know which moves I liked the most and were most effective. Knowing ALL the moves of even ONE character is nearly impossible, and pretty much useless since only a small chunk of each character's move set is actually useful.

But taking the time to blast through a move list and pick the ten best moves does get boring. But, thanks to arcade mode (the one with the rankings and such, not the story mode), there is an indefinite fight mode where you just keep fighting for eternity against normal characters while ranking up. And if you're worried about your w/l ratio then there's usually a free battle mode where ranking isn't involved.

But see, that is why Tekken 4 pisses me off. There's no rank mode, so you have to use story mode, which forces you to fight the cheap ass boss version of Heihachi in his underwear at the end.

Thanks

The most infuriating moment for me as a gamer was directly after switching discs in Xenosaga for the PSX.

It was a fantastic game up until that point. Sure, there was a little too much emphasis on the Gear combat (which wasn't as good as the on-foot fighting mechanics), but other than that, I had no complaints.
    Then, apparently, Square ran out of money. Or something. I don't know. Whatever the reason was, somebody thought it was a good idea to summarize all of the (potentially) amazing plot points the game had been building up to in a crappy sort of storybook mode. In my Creative Writing class, we'd have called that 'telling' rather than 'showing'.

Which is really sad, considering you're supposed to be 'doing' in video games, rather than either of those.

It was the most disappointing, soul-crushing thing I've ever experienced, to see such a great game suddenly suck after "Insert Disc 2".

Oh, or all of Parasite Eve 2. Not that I went into it with high expectations. There's just such a massive contrast in quality between the two games. That definitely 'pissed me off'.

Dopefish Lives!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Zone of the Enders (the first one) for PS2. Now it wasnt a GREAT game to begin with, but it was fun, right up until you leave the first planet and then......WTF!? The end of the game, an entire 1 1/2 hours of gameplay. FFT for the PSX is another one. It didnt really piss me off, the ending was just reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy dissapointing.

Thanks

soul Caliber 3 for the ps2 that shit was hard still haven't unlocked any one

Thanks
    EP Points

pokemon Stadium pissed me off so much that I think I sold it to protect my hardware. (Seriously I don't really recall where it went, but I do remember that thought crossed my mind and that is the only evidence of where it went, namely, back to gameforce from where it spawned.) I remember what made me so mad, but I rage quit that game permanantly so I wouldn't have to buy a new n64 or controller. Other than that, I have always been somewhat of an angry vg nerd, though not to the extremes that I was in the old days. I don't play games that don't entertain me, therefore most nerd rage has been averted.

Another game though from when I was younger called Lagoon, for the snes often made me angry, though I don't think it was ever to the point where things could happen. Every boss seemed impossible. Fortunately the protagonist healed when outside of a boss room and you could leave the boss room, but you would have to start the boss over when you returned. Another thing I didn't like was that I would frequently become lost in the dungeon areas. There was no maps to use like in zelda (going by around the same time I got into zelda games, those maps were real life savers once I got used to reading them,... I was young). I finally made it to the end, but hit my last stumbling block when I couldn't beat the final boss Spoilers just in case (if I remember correctly it was the blond dude and he was surrounded by magic and all I could really do was try rushing him hitting him with my butter knife in the hopes he gives in before I do and I usually got past that part, but then he would transform into a bird and I couldn't ever hit him before dying.) End spoilers After dying over 9000 times I gave up. Oh and I didn't have internet so I couldn't look up help.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

Illusions of Gaia somehow pissed me off. Probably because of my expectations after beating all of the other SNES RPGs, especially CT, FF3, SoM etc.

Thanks

probotector aka contra hard corps on the sega genesis...i still managed to beat it though. i also hate most of those pre last boss characters in fighting games like street fighter, tekken and dead or alive. for some reason most second to last bosses in fighting games are a lot harder than the final ones.

Thanks

Well, due to my own stupidity, I have more than once caught a fairy in LOZ, and then immediately used it by accident because I forgot to unequip the bottle. In fact, I just did this again yesterday with Twilight Princess right before the dungeon boss.

So much rage ensued.

Thanks

2 pissed me off more than any Mega-Man game I've played! So...many cheap deaths!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by thehybridone View Post
    soul Caliber 3 for the ps2 that shit was hard still haven't unlocked any one
    you must suck really bad at Soul Calibur lol jjkjk fighting games arent for everyone

Thanks

Star Wars TFU2.What a joke,wasnt even long enough to be called a "game" it should have been called a "glorified demo" 2 1\2 game,they should be ashamed of themselves at lucasarts,nothing but a cash grab

Quote Originally Posted by Krxons View Post
    2 pissed me off more than any Mega-Man game I've played! So...many cheap deaths!!
    MM9 had many,MANY deaths LOL
    Last edited by Drageuth; 7th-March-2011 at 06:50.