Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: files burn to disk but do not work

Thanks

Default files burn to disk but do not work

Hello I have downloaded a few ps games from emuparadise and they work great but now for some reason when I download a file then extract it and use Alcohol 120 to burn it doesnt seem to be working the files seem to be extractng as bin files is this what they should be bin files ? I cant remember what they where previously :/

Thanks
    EP Points

bin files are the norm here i believe and i may be corrected if i am wrong that they should burn to disc just fine... if your encountering problems then there are ways to extract the iso from a bin file you will have to google it though

Thanks

Im having this problem too, ive tried several different guides but for some reason the games just won't start up.

The dreamcast games from here burned just fine but I can't get a Ps1 title to start up. Tried Raw-Dao and Rao/Sao, lowest speed, buffer underrun ect. neither working.

Any help?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do any of you have methods of loading burned games? Like a mod chip in your PSX/PS2?

Thanks

^ Yeah, I use bootdiscs (gameshark and an offbrand one when I dont want codes).

It's been a few years since ive burned a game (3ish) on ps1 but just to be sure I loaded up an older burn and it starts up fine. I'm really confused since the discs im using are supposed to be better so I don't think thats it (verbatim) I dunno what I could be doing wrong this time.

Any links to a guide that might work or has worked for others. There are so many now its hard to know which are up to date/better methods. Really weary of wasting another disc on this til I get a solid answer somewhere.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PSX games just use imgburn or any other CD burner using default setting (except burn speed)

Never did like Alcohol Burning rom but I believe it did have set setting for PSX games

As a general rule set the burn to use x1 speed (not that many burners can burn at that low a speed nowerdays but it will ensure it burns at the lowest possible speed for the burning hardware/CD's used and ensure a higher quality burn)

Another note is that there are some games for the PSX that have copy protection in them that prevent this booting method and some mod chips aswell from running certain games

If you detail some games I could maybe dig out copy protect info on those and see if they have protection or not, most games are patchable though

Bin+cue tends to be the standard unless you get an ecm then the ecm is also a form of compression but after thats extracted you should still end up with a bin+cue

burning should always be directed at a cue file not direct to the bin file

With more info I could possibly be of more help
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-January-2011 at 14:19.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    PSX games just use imgburn or any other CD burner using default setting (except burn speed)

Never did like Alcohol Burning rom but I believe it did have set setting for PSX games

As a general rule set the burn to use x1 speed (not that many burners can burn at that low a speed nowerdays but it will ensure it burns at the lowest possible speed for the burning hardware/CD's used and ensure a higher quality burn)

Another note is that there are some games for the PSX that have copy protection in them that prevent this booting method and some mod chips aswell from running certain games

If you detail some games I could maybe dig out copy protect info on those and see if they have protection or not, most games are patchable though

Bin+cue tends to be the standard unless you get an ecm then the ecm is also a form of compression but after thats extracted you should still end up with a bin+cue

burning should always be directed at a cue file not direct to the bin file

With more info I could possibly be of more help
    Just tried imgburn again with 1x speed and still not working. The two ive been trying are Megaman Legends 2 and Street Fighter EX2. Been using the .cue file of course and everything checks out ok when burning.

Even tried them on my pc emulator and all the discs that wont boot in the ps1 start up perfectly fine on the pc. REALLY confused now. Oh and how do I extract the ecm files... got 2 of them. One from the SFEX2 download from here (the one im trying to burn does not have this just a straight .bin) and the Policenauts download. Never seen them before.
    Last edited by Valkerion; 12th-January-2011 at 20:45.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Megaman Legends 2 - has No Copy Protection code
    Street Fighter EX 2 - has Copy Protection code for the JAP version
    Street Fighter EX 2 Plus - the NTSC version has protection but has a patch

I will go and check those out for you though, you can also try them out on the PC emu again but with the CD images mounted in Daemon tools or another CD emu or direct from the CD's if you didn't do that to start with

P.S. Policenauts, is that the one I uploaded a while back pre patched with the translation?? think I left instruction in that post if it is (might not of, it's been a while since I have been active here at EP only been back about a month)

ECM tools http://www.neillcorlett.com/ecm/ needed for creating/extracting ecm files

P.S. some games will also have ape files, these need converting to Wav aswell

If you can remember can you link me up to the downloads for the games you mentioned so I can check out the exact copy, we sometimes have the same game uploaded in several area's of the site/forum, depending how our users like to download

*edit seems my Policenauts upload has gone so it's prolly a re-upload
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-January-2011 at 11:16.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Mega Man Legends 2
    http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Play...egends_2/37151

Street Fighter EX 2
    http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Play...hter_EX2_Plus_[NTSC-U]/37622

I'm sure its not AP thats the problem but has anyone ever heard of Verbatim discs not working on PS1? I use them for 360 and Dreamcast games they seemed to be the best discs ive ever used. This batch I just got I used for my recent Dreamcast games so I know they ALL cant be bad since the first like 8 discs work fine.

Thanks for the ecm link though, going to extract them and try one more time.

Still confused as to why these are not booting up in the console but will start in the pc Hmmm....

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerion View Post
    Mega Man Legends 2
    http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Play...egends_2/37151

Street Fighter EX 2
    http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Play...hter_EX2_Plus_[NTSC-U]/37622

I'm sure its not AP thats the problem but has anyone ever heard of Verbatim discs not working on PS1? I use them for 360 and Dreamcast games they seemed to be the best discs ive ever used. This batch I just got I used for my recent Dreamcast games so I know they ALL cant be bad since the first like 8 discs work fine.

Thanks for the ecm link though, going to extract them and try one more time.

Still confused as to why these are not booting up in the console but will start in the pc Hmmm....
    Looks like there both ecm compressed so just extract those, I wasn't aware that ePSXe could decompress those so not sure how thats working, I am a lil out of date though on the scene

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I meant that after I burn games to the disc, they will not start in the PS1. However when I try the same exact disc in the PC, the emulator starts them perfectly fine.

So the data is obviously been burned to the disc but for some reason they are not working in the actual console.

Just tried another game with clonecd this time at 1x and still nothing. Think I'm Giving up for now, no point in wasting more discs.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I meant that after I burn games to the disc, they will not start in the PS1. However when I try the same exact disc in the PC, the emulator starts them perfectly fine.

So the data is obviously been burned to the disc but for some reason they are not working in the actual console.

Just tried another game with clonecd this time at 1x and still nothing. Think I'm Giving up for now, no point in wasting more discs.
    It is sounding like your PS1 has the problem, either bad laser, or it cannot run burned games.

Thanks

^ But it can. The games from the last time I burned PS1 games work but this new batch is not. Thats why I am lost on whats wrong.

Thanks
    EP Points

PS1 lasers are very tempermental meaning that the laser can go at any time you have to remember about how old the PS1 is they wont last forever
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

^ But it can. The games from the last time I burned PS1 games work but this new batch is not. Thats why I am lost on whats wrong.
    Possible that you have a low quality batch of CD's, that and a PC can read bad media a hell of alot more successfully than the PS1 or PS2 can, wouldn't know about the PS3, in general a PC drive is more capable of reading CD-R and DVD-/+R than any console, hence the fuss over burn speeds and good media ect...

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]