Angry Files will not combine in 7zip.

I don't even know where to start.
    Specs that are irrelevant:
    Alienware 18
    4th gen i7 4800MQ quad core with 3.7ghz
    Dual 4gb nvidia geforce GTX 780M's
    32GB DDR3L RAM - 1600mhz
    windows 8 64 bit
    attempting to play Wind Waker and ..ANYTHING on Dolphin 4.0-5359 with preset plugins.

My PS2 emulation works perfectly, as does N64 and PSP/PSX.
    What the hell is the problem with gamecube? Maybe it's the compression and breaking the files down that's got me stumped.
    I've tried an unbroken download of Wind Waker from a some site as well and I'm getting "this format is unknown or it's damaged" despite reticking iso multiple times in the options for associated files.

- Download the game
    - Open the archive with 7zip
    - right click the .001
    - scroll down to combine
    - just kidding it's grayed out (what in the hell)
    - tried to extract just the .001 next
    - it literally just extracts that one part of the archive and I facepalm
    (I've also tried a non-seperated version of Wind Waker I'd get an error that the file couldn't be opened even with 7zip)
    -downloaded Paper Mario Thosuand Year Door and guess what, same issues..

EDIT: Just tried this on my desktop.. Had WinRAR already installed, downloaded the same Wind Waker link.. Installed 7zip and went to combine files.. Cannot combine.
    Jesus christ this is annoying.

It's gotta' be something I'm doing wrong?

Someone weigh in on this!
    Last edited by aeromast; 29th-January-2015 at 12:13.

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't combine the files using 7zip. If there is an archive file without numbers then extract that and if that isn't the case just extract the first(.001) file using 7zip.
    You actually did it correctly but did you even try running it in the emulator?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by aeromast View Post
    - tried to extract just the .001 next
    - it literally just extracts that one part of the archive and I facepalm
    correction it will auto read all the parts and output the contents of all the parts

This is exactly what you need to do

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vibhor View Post
    Don't combine the files using 7zip. If there is an archive file without numbers then extract that and if that isn't the case just extract the first(.001) file using 7zip.
    You actually did it correctly but did you even try running it in the emulator?

It will not. What am I gonna' run on an emulator? There's no .iso... I may have figured out the issue. For some reason my computer won't allow me to open ANYTHING with an iso in it. I even torrented the iso on my phone and tried to copy it over and the archive is unreadable, just like when I tried to download it as a non-broken file. My computer auto associates iso with winrar even when I torrent it and drag literally just the ISO ALONE to my computer it automatically puts it into a useless winrar archive and locks up.

Any suggestions on this load of crap? I've tried unticking all the boxes on WinRAR a million times, this is so infuriating...

EDIT: Well I uninstalled WinRAR to my dismay.. Lo and behold the files now appear as .iso and I can OPEN them in Dolphin.
    ONLY ISSUE IS the screen is solid black. Stable frame rate, music is playing.. no image.
    Last edited by aeromast; 31st-January-2015 at 04:25.

Thanks
    EP Points

What is the format of the file which is extracted?
    If you downloaded the files from these forums, do an md5 check to check the integrity of the files. If they aren't broken then post a screenshot of all files in a folder.

Also, winrar associates itself to ISOs by default. It affects literally nothing as you can mount them even then.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vibhor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vibhor View Post
    What is the format of the file which is extracted?
    If you downloaded the files from these forums, do an md5 check to check the integrity of the files. If they aren't broken then post a screenshot of all files in a folder.
    I've just figured it out. I reformatted my laptop recently and forgot to update the drivers for my graphics cards. It'll only show images in Direct3d but better than nothing at all!
    Thank you and thank you, Zorlon.