Thread: Doom Colored Dots SNES9x

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Doom Colored Dots SNES9x

Hi people, can you help me with Colored Dots in Doom emulated in SNES9x-Rev. 20140626
    Picture
    My configuration in Snes9x is: My Configuration
    If it´s a problem with the emulator itself recommend me another better one.
    Thank you very much for help
    P.S. If you need any other info ask me
    My Consoles:
    PS1 Chipped
    PS2 Chipped w/Matrix Infinity 1.99
    PS3 CFW Rogero 4.55
    PSP CFW 6.60 Pro-B 10
    Xbox Softmodded
    Xbox 360 RGH
    WII Softmodded

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is going to be a funny question but............why not just play the actual superior PC version with a modern windows loader?

It is FAR superior than any console port.

If you want them I can up them no prob.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I know I playing that PC version as well but I want to try and play the SNES experience of Doom as well
    My Consoles:
    PS1 Chipped
    PS3 CFW Rogero 4.55
    PSP CFW 6.60 Pro-B 10
    Xbox Softmodded
    Xbox 360 RGH
    WII Softmodded

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

The only other two SNES emulators I can think of offhand are Higan, originally called bsnes, or ZSNES.

Higan is supposed to emulate the SNES as accurately as possible.
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 15th-December-2014 at 21:30.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SNES port isn't great but at least I can understand why you want to play it, last time I played that version was via ZSNES myself but the others mentioned by Jack are newer emulators and may be a better choice now.

SNES version suffers from sticky walls ect, (Not an emu problem it was like that on real hardware also) anyway this makes the game very very hard in places.

I don't agree that the PC version is the best though either, better because of more modern ports maybe and mod-ability but the PSX versions for example used some extra effects that the PC version lacked and had a couple of PSX exclusive levels the N64 version is like a totally different game, new graphics levels, the lot.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-December-2014 at 05:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post

I don't agree that the PC version is the best though either, better because of more modern ports maybe and mod-ability but the PSX versions for example used some extra effects that the PC version lacked and had a couple of PSX exclusive levels the N64 version is like a totally different game, new graphics levels, the lot.
    Ya thats true, kinda forgot about that bit of information

I think there are mods to play the PSX levels n such on the PC version also there is a mod to play Doom 64 natively on PC with mouse look.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Isn't the SNES version completely different as in a 2D sidescroller

Also anyone that says the PC version isn't the best is retarded.

Edit: nm maybe I was thinking of the GBA one or something..
    Last edited by Zaladane; 16th-December-2014 at 07:53.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Isn't the SNES version completely different as in a 2D sidescroller

Also anyone that says the PC version isn't the best is retarded.

Edit: nm maybe I was thinking of the GBA one or something..
    I would imagine your thinking of Duke Nukem maybe, never heard of a Side scrolling Doom game GBA doom is also just normal DooM

Plenty of odd Doom ports and remakes like ZX spectrum doom (It's totally unofficial and came out after the ZX died out obviously as Doom was released on PC after Speccy died out anyway) that is still a 3D shooter, think that might of just been a tech demo, never played it so not sure how much of the game was done or even if it was actually playable

Yeah the N64 doom was remade in a special PC port version
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-December-2014 at 10:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

So I tried that Higan and the Colored Dots dissapeared but when I start it in Accuracy Mode the game starts really lagging and Sound cracking.
    Is my PC Weak ?
    GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GT 430, CPU: Intel Xeon E5450 3.00GHz (Quad Core), 4GB RAM.
    Or is there any other problem ?
    My Consoles:
    PS1 Chipped
    PS3 CFW Rogero 4.55
    PSP CFW 6.60 Pro-B 10
    Xbox Softmodded
    Xbox 360 RGH
    WII Softmodded

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by seznam88 View Post
    So I tried that Higan and the Colored Dots dissapeared but when I start it in Accuracy Mode the game starts really lagging and Sound cracking.
    Is my PC Weak ?
    GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GT 430, CPU: Intel Xeon E5450 3.00GHz (Quad Core), 4GB RAM.
    Or is there any other problem ?
    Possibly for the Accuracy Mode, more accurate emulation will require a hell of a lot of power, especially for smooth play back even for an older system like SNES, this means it emulates everything as it should be most emulators will skip most processes and simulate them instead so it will look and play as it does on the console, but without calculating as much as the original console did so some things will not be fully emulated but instead simulated or interpreted in the majority of emulators

emulation = reproduces what hardware chips do with software
    simulation = pretends to do what the original hardware done without emulating it correctly or without emulating at all
    interpreted = reads the game code and makes it playable without needing to fully emulate the original hardware (most pure interpreter software does not emulate at all, like SCUMMVM for example that is a total re-write of the game engine rather than a hardware emulator)

It's kinda hard to explain what the difference is as all methods are pretenders really, but there are emulators now that are trying for accurate emulation thus eliminating the simulation/interpretation factor out.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-December-2014 at 17:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]