Thread: My PC good enough to get full speed at maxed out settings?

Thanks

Default My PC good enough to get full speed at maxed out settings?

Hi, I have just purchased a PC from Walmart for over $1200.00 and it was made by CyberPowerPC and was off the shelf.

It has a Gigabyte MotherBoard, Dual BIOS, and a 600 Watt PSU/Power Supply from Thermaltake.

It has a 120 GB SSD as a boot drive from Samsung, a 1 TB HDD as a Data drive from Western Digital, a Realtek ALC 887 Sound Card, and Windows 8.1 Bing Update 1 Home Premium Edition 64 Bit.

Now the most important specs are as follows: I have 8 GB of DDR3 RAM which is Corsair which is upgradeable to 32 GB, I have a GTX GeForce 750 Ti Nvidia Graphics/Video Card from MSI with 2 GB Dedicated Video Memory, and last but not least, an Intel i7-4790K Quad Core Hyper Threaded 4.0 Ghz Processor from HasWell!

Oh and by the way the exact PC is called Gamer Aqua Desktop GLC2280

So is everything I've mentioned good enough to play the 4 Emulators at full speed? The 4 Emulators are : NullDC (DC Emulator) PCSX2 (PS2 Emulator) Dolphin (GC+Wii Emulator) and MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator)!

So can I play every game in existence at full speed with these 4 emulators and have every setting maxed out complete with HD Shaders and who knows what else?

The Link to the PC is here: http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberPower...r-Not/37421268
    Last edited by DarkHarbringer666; 7th-December-2014 at 10:31.
    ChrisEvil

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think you'll have any, if not maybe a few problematic games with those specs. On Dolphin. PCSX2, etc, there will always be a handful of games that will give you trouble, like Metal Gear Sold 3, The Last Story (Wii), Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), and ICO and Shadow of the Colossus; on Dolphin and PCSX2, most every other game won't have any problems, really, so, aside from the super demanding games, you're pretty well set My desktop that I built two years ago isn't nearly as powerful of yours (obviously lol), but I can still run Dolphin and PCSX2 very well for most games, so I know you won't have very many, if any, issues

Thanks

And how bout actual PC games? Will I be able to play all of those at full Speed while maxed out and in Ultra settings?
    ChrisEvil

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah you're probably good on PC games too. Maybe not ultra on the latest and greatest but probably pretty damn close - for really high end ones/resource hogs install the to the ssd to get that extra little oomph cuz of the faster read times.

Thanks
    EP Points

The CPU is really good but the graphics card might a bit of a bottleneck depending on what resolution you're running at. Most stuff should run fine as is, maybe not on max settings but close. I'd just get playing and enjoy.

Thanks

Can't happen I'm afraid, I've used up all of it already. Anything that's an installer, exe, automatically got installed and/or went on SSD, (including OS). I only used HDD for actual rom storage. I've also put the old Diablo's and first Baldur's Gate on SSD. Evry Emulator is on SSD too linked to HDD for roms. I have two extra HD ports left. I could always buy a super huge HDD, like a 5 TB one, for the cheapest price at like Best Buy etc, then buy another 120 GB SSD for the last slot for the cheapest price, and use the second SSD for any new PC game. hmm I could always buy a 1 TB SSD, I wonder what the cheapest of that would be.

Resolution is max: 1920x1080
    Last edited by DarkHarbringer666; 9th-December-2014 at 06:14.
    ChrisEvil

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHarbringer666 View Post
    And how bout actual PC games? Will I be able to play all of those at full Speed while maxed out and in Ultra settings?
    Depends entirely on the game. You'll likely be able to play a large number of PC games at high to very high settings, but if it were me I'd make sure to double check the recommended specs for the game before buying it. Here's a tool that scans your hardware and tells you if you meet the minimum/recommended requirements automatically; http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

a small note for MAME

You may be better off with dedicated emulators for some arcade systems as MAME for a large number of games will run slow no matter how powerful a PC it is running on, MAME also uses alot of Beta drivers that are not fully working so some games will just not boot at all or boot but the graphics be scrambled or sounds just not working, it also has alot of Pinball score display roms that are not playable on there own, you can play Pinball though via a mix of simulated playing area's and emulated digital score systems (most have the sounds in the rom chips also, so the ones like Guns and Roses Pinball is very cool indeedy) with a combination of PinMame and Virtual Pinball that is very cool and fun

CPS2 and under should run fine mostly but even though you may be better off with WinKawaks, FBA or one of the other semi multi system emulators

I was going to list some emulators but just remembered a nice site that outlines some of the systems that are emulated better with other emulators, I say some because there are other games and emulators not mentioned there also

http://nonmame.retrogames.com/ is a nice little site, it's mostly for info but is worth book marking
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-December-2014 at 09:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHarbringer666 View Post
    you can play some games in full speed without having any problems and some that you can play at mid-high or even low depending on the specifications.

For the PCSX2 part...pcsx2 is still in development and there are some games you can't play in full speed but will give you decent framerates like 30-60. It still depends on the game and the build.
    Last edited by IndorilNerevar; 9th-December-2014 at 10:32.

Thanks

Zorlon, I have a question then, what dedicated Emulator do I need to play the CarnEvil game, The House of The Dead series, and most importantly, the original arcade versions of Gauntlet Legends, and Gauntlet Dark Legacy?
    ChrisEvil

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Model 2 Emulator for House of the Dead, MAME for the rest

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I think we may be in the 10+ year mark to simply recommend House of the Dead 1, 2 and 3 for PC. No fuss no muss. Errrr something. And it works with 64 bit OS's

Men I'll check tomorrow. But I'll probably forget or simply not care anymore...