Thread: Hi. FFIX unleahed mod for epsxe, patch instructions help.

Thanks

Default Hi. FFIX unleahed mod for epsxe, patch instructions help.

How ?
    Can I just add the ppf files to the epsxe patches folder and it will auto run ?

I went through a tutorial using ppf-o-matic but get an error message saying the software cant open the specified image file. Which has DEAMON tools logo on it and is called a CCD, or, the disc image file which just shows the picture of a disc on a page.

Want to play FF9 tonight as it doesn't look like I'll be sleeping and wanted to give this mod a go, thanks for the help .

Do I have to create an ISO image ?

The epsxe emulator runs the DEAMON tools image for FF9 when I select it through play ISO options, so I figured it already was an iso.

Thanks
    EP Points

I went through a tutorial using ppf-o-matic but get an error message saying the software cant open the specified image file. Which has DEAMON tools logo on it and is called a CCD
    What this means is that .CCD files are associated with Daemon Tools; that's the only reason it's showing that logo. The reason you're getting that error is because the .CCD file isn't actually the disc image, but just a descriptor file, and the actual image file is most likely a .IMG file that came with it. Some programs like ePSXe can look at the CCD and know to continue loading the IMG file, but programs that directly edit your disc image will sometimes need to load the main file directly. The easiest way to tell which is which is that the less important CCD file will be only a few kilobytes, while the main image file will be several hundred megabytes.

Now, all that said you should be able to just stick your PPF patch file in the "patches" folder in your ePSXe folder and have it work automatically, yes. You may need to rename it to the same name as your disc image, so say your image is called "FinalFantasy8.ccd", you would change your PPF to "FinalFantasy8.ppf".

Do I have to create an ISO image ?
    As long as your emulator can run your game normally by selecting the .cue/.img file through "Run ISO", you shouldn't need to convert it.

If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to let us know here
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    snip
    Will give it a shot, thanks for the help.

Also just to be sure, the image file is just called FF9 CD1. (highlight, right click properties, name).

There is no abbreviated reference to the file in the name. And there is also a sub file with around 30,000kb of data in the folder with the ccd and DiscImageFile. It's called FF9 CD1.sub.

Should I still include the .ppf if I am to rename the patch FF9 CD1, to make it FF9 CD1.ppf
    Last edited by Derpyderpderp; 28th-October-2014 at 01:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Derpyderpderp View Post
    Should I still include the .ppf if I am to rename the patch FF9 CD1, to make it FF9 CD1.ppf
    That sounds right, go ahead and try that. Also for future reference .sub files are usually extra bits of data which are, to my understanding, mostly used for copy protection purposes. It shouldn't be important unless you plan on burning the game to a disc.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You opened the wrong file for ppf-o-matic that is all, you need to be patching either a *.IMG file or a *.BIN file

To get auto patching working in ePSXe you need to know what the main exec file is for the game e.g. for the Fininl Fantasy IX [NTSC][U] CD1 that is SLUS_012.51 so you rename the *.ppf file for CD1 to SLUS_012.51 note that this does not have the ppf file ext on the end any more, drop that file in to the patches folder and make sure the auto patch option is enabled for ePSXe

the other CD main exec's are

SLUS_012.95 (For CD2)
    SLUS_012.96 (For CD3)
    SLUS_012.97 (For CD4)

CCD and CUE files (There are more formats) are just descriptor files that tell software that reads them what tracks are in the main Binary
    IMG and BIN files are the main Binary images for the disc and contain the actual game data and CDDA tracks
    SUB files contain sub data that is stored on a retail disc that can as far as PSX games go act as part of copy protection Lib Crypt, generally this is not helpful as most burner can't read that and the software that creates that fakes it on drives that are not capable of reading it to start with.
    SBI also contain sub data but can be used with ePSXe if the game has copy protection, it's mostly PAL E games that used this but there are a small number of NTSC U games that also have this all *.SBI files so far are valid dumps of sub data and can be trusted unlike *.SUB files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-October-2014 at 08:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: