Thread: Super Mario 64 romhack problems

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Super Mario 64 romhack problems

i know i can't expect all that much from the emulator Project 64 depending on the game but what is it with all the bad romhacks of this game? whenever i try one i get either a few different errors or it says the rom is stuck in a endless loop or something and stops the emulation of the game.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1509/ (SM64 StarRevenge v1)

after using the ppf patch for this hack the following things happen upon booting up the game via project64:

error: In a permanent loop that cannot be exited. Emulation will stop now. Verify ROM and ROM settings.

i patched the rom correctly and my rom settings on the emulator are:

CPU Core style: default
    self-modifying code style: default
    memory size: default
    advanced block linking: default
    default save type: use first used save type (i think thats the default setting)
    counter factor: default
    and register caching and use ltb boxes are ticked

ppf-o-matic3 was the program i used to patch this hack to the rom. as usual, the rom i'm trying to use is the one from this site.

edit: oh and as is obvious if you check the readme, the creator(s) of this romhack was apparently too lazy to include basic information on how to get his/her hack to even work properly. something that is fairly common and is something i REALLY HATE when it comes to romhacks. is it really so hard to add info such as whether or not it has to be a headered rom, or maybe a file size so you can tell if you even have the correct darn file to begin with?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-July-2014 at 12:30. Reason: Edit this back again and I will issue points with pleasure