Thread: [Request] Emulators for Windows Phone 8.0

Thanks
    EP Points

Default [Request] Emulators for Windows Phone 8.0

This isn't a rom or iso request so figured this was the best place for it..

Anyhow looking for any and all emulators for a windows phone. Now I've found a few free ones - one for nes and snes so far. I tried a playstation one but it flat out didn't work. I think there's a pppsspp for winphone but I'll double check that shortly on their site. Don't know if I have to root the phone or whatever it's called for some. Also wondering about running pc software on it. Everything from dosbox to an X86 emulator which I read briefly about the other day which I believe said you need to jailbreak as well for it. Everything free would be best of course Anyhow here's a quick list:

PPSSPP
    PSX
    Genesis
    N64
    Dosbox
    X86

Once I have a bunch I'll whip up a handy package and upload to the mobile section.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 21st-July-2014 at 18:27.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Best place would be the Roms and ISO request area as emulators also get uploaded into those sections

A big oopsies if you just moved it from there

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Well you can move it if you want no biggie

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.zophar.net/wmsphone.html has SNES NES and Atari 2600 emulators

I'm sure there will be more just no idea where to look, I'm not a play emulators on a phone fan so not been interested enough to look in to it that much

P.S. I did not move this

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Just had a read about EmiPSX and apparently you need the Moga controller to play Ape Escape.

There are a few French emus I spotted: SNES8x, VBA8, VBGC8. The screenshots I saw were English so I guess they're multi lang. All appear to be free.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Just had a read about EmiPSX and apparently you need the Moga controller to play Ape Escape.
    I would guess that would be the same for any game in analog mode as that game is analog only, a very rare thing for PSX games as most only have Analog as optional if they have Analog support at all

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok so I tried out emipsx which seems to work alright. It has a free version - when in the store just click try. The paid version has auto save and savestates and as far as I can tell that's it. No big deal. Tested briefly with Suikoden and it got in the game no problem.

Don't think I'd be able to upload these as it's windows phone and they suck It's not like just grabbing apk's for an android. You have to grab from the store, sure you could get cracked ones but you'd have to jailbreak the phone. This is supposedly going to get better in 8.1 as in installing from 3rd parties but lo and behold they still haven't effing released it yet (for Nokia anyways)

Anyhow anyone looking for a psx emulator for a Winphone this is pretty much the only option.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The ones at Zophar.net are just exe files at least the SNES one is, do you not just run that from a MicroSD?

I don't have a Windows Phone to test that with myself

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]