Thread: Help Running ps2 game on PCSX2 : Rogue Galaxy

Thanks

Default Help Running ps2 game on PCSX2 : Rogue Galaxy

So yeah, i just recently downloaded PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875) emulator on my PC and I'm trying to run my ps2 game Rogue Galaxy. When i launch it it seems that either all the textures are missing or corrupt. I tried this with the CD of the game itself and I got those results. I even downloaded the game from emuparadise and launched it as an ISO but I still got the same results. The audio and the movies seem to play well but all the textures are all corrupted and distorted during gameplay and cutscenes. I tried to look up to see if someone has the same problem as me but I didn't find any. Here are my specs:

Cpu: Intel Core i5 3350p
    Gpu: Asus Radeon HD 7790 OC 1gb edition
    Ram: GSkill Ripjaws 8GB (4x2)

Emulator: PCSX2 1.2.2 (r5875)
    I'm using all the first plugins on the dropdown lists except for GS i used the GSdx 5875 (MSVC 18.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx32-sse2-r5875]
    I've tried the ISO and the DVD versions of the game
    And no, I haven't tried any other emulators.

Help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you made any changes on the GSdx's settings?

If possible, please post a screenshot of it, as well where the graphic problem occurs.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello,

I've downloaded RG: Directors Cut (or something like that - the one with bonus planet) from EP back in Megaupload times. I had minor graphic problems (mostly black squares on weapons) on PCSX2 0.9.8 (on Vista 32-bit), but I was able to finish it without crashes (but it had wierd glitch where character could go under or above level in one location). Minute ago I've launched it on PCS2 1.2.1 r5875 (on Win7 64-bit) and it works without any problems (I only have save before final boss fight), no crashes and looks like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcsx2-r5875 2014-06-20 18-28-20-30.jpg 
Views:	3002 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	41558

I'm running it mostly on defaults; my gdsx settings:

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	2139 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	41559

Maybe your OS is a problem here? I would recommend trying it on Windows 7, just to check if it will have same issues.

Thanks

Name:	Screen01.jpg 
Views:	1256 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	41565

Name:	Screen02.JPG 
Views:	668 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	41566

Name:	Screen03.JPG 
Views:	485 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	41567
    And no, I havent made any significant changes to the GS except make it look like ponury_indoor's. You can see in the screenshots that i dont have GS 10 as a renderer selection only 11 and 9. My God to see this sight is horrific...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen05.JPG 
Views:	447 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	41568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen06.JPG 
Views:	320 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	41569  

Last edited by Salair456; 21st-June-2014 at 05:04.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've tried to reproduce the problem, but it seems to work fine at my end, no weird graphics and such.

But try these basic setup:
    - go to GSdx settings, and tick the Native box
    - change the Adapter to your graphic card (should be selectable on the drop down menu)
    - leave the Renderer to Direct3D11 (DX10 only available if your card limited to it, so don't worry about it. Plus, DX11 is much better)

If nothing is working, download the latest SVN and see if there any changes. (apply the same settings as above before load the game)
    http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
    vc3 released.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you have same issues in software mode (you can switch between modes by pressing f9)?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ponury_indor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok, i downloaded the latest svn and now the game has no graphical glitches or anything. Only problem now is that it decides to not let me use my controller anymore, despite working a few minutes prior, i cant fit the game to the resolution of my screen and there is no sound. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Edit: I actualy got my controller and audio to work. I just used an xbox360 emulator(Motion in joy) and swithed the SPU audio deafoult to Xaudio 2. Still cant get the screen size right though.

Edit: Went into Core GS settings and changed the aspect ratio. Thanks for the help anyways!
    Last edited by Salair456; 21st-June-2014 at 19:43.

Thanks

Hello, fellow forumites.

I too am having a similar graphical problem running Rogue Galaxy (USA) - as downloaded from Emuparadise - specifically with one particular cutscene early on, after the first proper boss fight but before leaving the starting world. The game plays fine otherwise, with only the occasional minor slowdown or jitter, and the few cutscenes thus far have ran fine as well, but in this instance when the conversation transitions to a flashback the graphics go all, well, weird:

Name:	GSDX32-SSE2-Hardware.png 
Views:	392 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	42247

This happens when running the GSDX32-SSE2 (CPU compatible) graphics plugin included in the latest PCSX build (2014-08-30 v1.2.1-549-g82ee28f) set to Direct3D11 (Hardware) [GFX compatible] with default settings. I've tinkered around with various plugin settings, core graphics settings, and speed hacks but no combination I've tried has resulted in any improvement. However, when I switch the Direct3D renderer from (Hardware) to (Software) the problem then seems solved:

Name:	GSDX32-SSE2-Software.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	42248

Now, though, the game lags something fierce and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. I'm nowhere near familiar enough with the specific workings of these plugins to be able to determine why the scene renders fine in (Software) mode and not (Hardware). If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix the scene in (Hardware) mode, or how to significantly speed up rendering in (Software) mode, do please share. Any help will be much appreciated.

System specifications:
    CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core
    GFX: AMD Radeon HD 6970 1GB
    RAM: 8GB 1866 DDR3
    All relevant hardware drivers up to date.

EMU: PCSX2 v1.2.1-549-g82ee28f (2014-08-30)
    GPU: GSDX 20140830221804 (MSVC 18.00,SSE2) 0.1.16 [GSDX32-SSE2]
    SPU: SPU2-X 20140830221804 2.0.0 [SPU2-X]
    BIOS: USA v.2.30 (20/02/2008) Console

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just Speed Hacks as detailed at http://pcsx2.net/config-guide/offici...ide.html#SHack

These can cause bugs though, but I did say can cause, not will cause

Other plugins can be found at http://pcsx2.net/download/viewcategory/38-plugins.html

Did you try using GSdx9 by the way?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-August-2014 at 08:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

As per your suggestion, Zorlon, I've tried GSdx9 and got the same results. The scene renders properly when set to (Software) but fails to render when set to (Hardware), just like when running GSdx11. It also produces odd 2D black box graphical artifacts around weapons in GSdx9 (Hardware) mode. No combination of speed hacks seem to have any positive effect. I have found a suitable workaround in manually changing rendering modes with F9 during the scene. It's not perfect - there's a transitional stutter and a minor persistent FPS drop - but it works for what at present seems to be an infrequent problem. Other than the occasional cutscene hiccup the game and emulator run fine.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

GSdx10 is also in the second link I gave so you can have the exact settings that ponury_indoor used

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR