Thread: Help running Final Fantasy Type-0 [Eng Patched] (PSP emulation)

Thanks

Default Help running Final Fantasy Type-0 [Eng Patched] (PSP emulation)

im play Final Fantasy Type-0 [Eng Patched] on ppsspp after i beat the main robot boss and goes to save it keep crashing on me any ideas p.s its in the beginning of the game

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wish I could help and sorry no one has been able to help you it seems

Jpcsp though is another PSP emulator that runs through Java that you may have more luck with. http://jpcsp.org/

Myself though I don't have a very strong PC plus I own a PSP that I like to use portable instead of on a large screen that is still optional for real PSP's

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Brown View Post
    im play Final Fantasy Type-0 [Eng Patched] on ppsspp after i beat the main robot boss and goes to save it keep crashing on me any ideas p.s its in the beginning of the game
    Could you post your settings? I read that Multi-threading enabled causes many issues with the game when run with the English patch. And the devs have also fixed many bugs and issues arising from playing FF Type-0 in the newer builds, so download the newest version here: http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html

If you still run into issues, report back with a more detailed problem description and we will try to help you out.

Thanks

still running into the same problem graphic card keep resetting when i save

Thanks
    EP Points

What version of PPSSPP were you using?

Thanks
    EP Points

Here are the latest PPSSPP builds

Be sure you get the correct one. 32/64 bit are in reference to the OS you are running. Also as of version 0.9.7 and up you need the Microsoft C++ (2013) runtimes if you get any sort of DLL error. Most people have the C++ (2010) runtimes, but might not have the (2013).

I'm running 0.9.8-1210 revision, and have zero issues with this game. Didn't crash a single time. I didn't have to make any special configurations either. The multi-threaded issue was probably fixed in a recent revision, because I have that enabled and I've had zero issues.

Also, this game has anti-cheat coding, so if you use CWcheats, you need to enable them while on the save screen, then save, then disable the cheats, then reload the game with the cheats/money/items, etc. Because if you don't you'll get an error that says something like (CHT15XX) whenever you try to go to the save screen, or go to the title screen with cheats enabled. And that is how you bypass the anti-cheat in this game. I used cheats to get some of the bonus items that would otherwise be impossible to get playing on an emulator, of which there are quite a few.

If you're looking for a guide for this game, there is a google spreadsheat with lots of information about quests/free time/items/etc.

The game looks/runs great on PPSSPP:

No speed issues either. I turned the FPS limiter off and it runs over 500fps, and that is with x5 native resolution and AA enabled, so you don't need a powerful PC to run this game, or PPSSPP.

Last edited by gamerdude211; 17th-June-2014 at 14:06.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gamerdude211 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

im running 9.8 and i check my control panel i had Microsoft C++ 2013 86 ,64 and Microsoft C++ 2010 install so i uninstall it 2010 and ill let u know when i get back

uninstall 86 still doing the same thing i have ppsspp on default ill make a video and show you
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 18th-June-2014 at 21:09. Reason: no double posting!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Brown View Post
    im running 9.8 and i check my control panel i had Microsoft C++ 2013 86 ,64 and Microsoft C++ 2010 install so i uninstall it 2010 and ill let u know when i get back
    Why would you uninstall the C++ (2010) runtimes? You're gonna need those to run other programs, or you will get dll errors trying to run other stuff. You should reinstall them. The (2013) runtimes are a separate pack from the (2010) ones.

Also, you should post your PC specs, or maybe if you're trying to run this on an android/tablet? PPSSPP has known issues running on some GPUs, and there are some solutions available.
    Last edited by gamerdude211; 18th-June-2014 at 20:06.

Thanks

i found out the problem my video recorder was blocking the emulater from working i had to uninstall then reinstall it seem like both of them was try to use it at the same time right along with some other program thats was making it crash at the save point

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A very odd issue but glad you resolved it

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

hold up, and sorry to revive, did you say you're running PPSSPP 0.9.8? cause the Final Fantasy Type-0 English Merge to me black screened after hitting New Game option on that version of the emulator.