Thread: hidden boot menus

Thanks
    EP Points

Angry hidden boot menus

so i was looking up online hidden psx boot menus and nothing showed up.....is that true there are no hidden menus on psx? if there is plz giv me a few ways to access these so called menus
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope, that would be why you found nothing

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

im guessing that also means psx is read only?
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just look at a wiki or something for in-depth info... I know you will just go on and on in hope.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

yah....im kinda desperate for my old playstation...i wanna see how far i can push it....im even trying out developer applications.....plus im too lazy to buy a playstation debugging system for 300 dollars so yah
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Time to move on then.

Very few actually care about creating anything for that system, yes the system is loved for it's games as much as the SNES but that is about a far as it goes, homebrew never got very far with the PSX at all, just wasn't worth it.

To be honest the best homebrew system has got to be the Dreamcast, that still gets new content after all the years after Sega stopped creating home consoles and put more effort into to game for other systems

There is even a couple of games out this year as well as a TBA these are retail homebrew games, there is also a very active PD homebrew scene for the Dreamcast but there isn't one for the likes of the PSX :/ GBA even gets more than PSX

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

that tis until they release the psio
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The PSX debugging machine, are you thinking of the Black PSX, because that was not a debugging machine either, it was just a Net Yaroze PSX for creating games with that language Game developers did not use this though or the Net Yaroze programming language, a few may of had the Blue PSX though but that is not needed either, an emulator or a modded PSX should do

You don't need a dev kit machine or the Net Yaroze PSX to develop software for the PSX though, you can still use Net Yaroze or the PSX SDK (Most Official PSX tools for building CD's and creating Media such as sound and video are designed for Windows 95/98 and may not work correctly in todays Windows OS, but I use a x86 machine emulator and have Windows 98 on CD)

http://www.psxdev.net/ should be of interest to you, if you have any sort of programming skills and you have a real interest in creating software for the PSX, not sure if the SDK includes the CD Gen tool and the Video+Audio tools, they should be included though, but I currently do not have 98 installed to install and make sure the kits have those included, Net Yaroze should not though

SDK = Software Development Kits in case you didn't know

To be honest you don't need to be a programmer to use all the tools, like the movie converting tool is not that hard to use neither is the CD-Rom Generator or the demo menu system

EDIT:

I think you will need to get the Sony Playstation CD-Rom Generator 1.30 and older separately as I don't think it is included after all, newer versions are designed for PS2 CD and DVD and does not use the older XA headers needed for generating proper PSX Video and Sound file headers, unless you are just using a 3rd party video player for the PSX I believe that does not need the header there, but for rebuilding retail games you really do need that

A few of the Net Yaroze games are actually fun to play for a little while and had been included with several PSX demo cover discs that are playable in a standard PSX
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-April-2014 at 11:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]