Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does resident evil 2 on project 64 work?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I had a look into doing this and I can't do it, but there is no code for doing that with any other version of Resident Evil 2 either.

I should have legit saves though unlocking everything if you want those, I would need to looking into backing those up though as I am using my Wii to play those, they are PAL saves though as I live in the UK and have the retail discs.

I have saves for all the GC versions of Resident Evil except for 4 that I replaced with the Wii version.

You might also be able to find saves online but not looked myself, anyway using a save to unlock anything that is unlock able makes it so you can just enjoy the game rather than worrying if you have done it in the time limit and save as often as you like, personally I would even play it without using any of the extra weapons on your first play through of all 4 possible plays (Leon Games A and B and Clair Games A and B that are all slightly different (very different comparing game A vs B though)).

P.S, the GC also has a great remake of Resident Evil (New Graphics, very sexy, New monsters, puzzles and area's, overall it is the same game though) and also has another exclusive called Resident Evil 0 (or Zero) obviously placed before the Mansion featuring Rebecca Chambers.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

thats cool, I just got the saves as the code I found didn't work either. Strange that they have a code for RE 3 but not 2

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not that unusual they are different games and are coded differently, thats why the code could not be found in RE2, because the coding for the game play time is very well hidden making it silly hard to find (I will not say impossible, but I couldn't find it myself)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

There is a low time code for RE 2 for the euro version, I just couldnt get it to work. It may work with a gamecube and the official action replay but It wouldnt work on the emu. You may be able to change the ini file to get it to work

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That is just for the Hunk game I am aware of the code

P.S. sorry for the late reply just seen your post

There is also a fast finish code but that just jumps you to the ending

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

what is a good dolphin 3.0 setting for re2 to run smooth?or 4.02?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Create your own thread on that subject you will get help that way

Bumping an old thread is not going to get you the help you need

Myself I would not know I just use my Wii to play GC games from an external HDD

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]